Newbie audio hookup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie audio hookup

Hey I am new to the carputer scene, however I am not new the computer scene at all. I was just wondering how I would go about hooking up my soon to be shuttle pc's audio output to my cars existing sound system, I know I will need some sort of wiring harness...but i am unsure where to start, my car is a 97 camaro.

I think i have most of it figured out
    I am doing the lilliput 7" screen,
    and in the backend of the car i will have the shuttle

Anyone forsee any major problems? I have a power inverter to run the system, I am still unsure how I am going to turn it on and off, maybe just good ol kill the power?

Thanks!

Have you read the FAQ about hooking up your car to your stereo?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Bro, I'll give you a little flame first. The answer to your question was literally 2 links above your own post. And it's entitled "HOW TO: Get sound from PC to Car Stereo / Amp"

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32430
      A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
      My New Page

Comment

OK, Another question, How do I hook up an amp to my cars stock speakers?

Comment

Find the wiring diagram for your stereo online. This will very likely be at places like crutchfield or sound domain.

Once you've got the diagram, take your dash apart and find the wires that hook to your head unit (this assumes you don't already have an amp in your car -if you do, you need to do something different). Hook up those wires to the outputs of your amplifier. Hook up your car pc to the amplifier inputs.

Done. Rock on.

Wait - hook up power to your amp. Now done.

Edit: I think this has the right wire colors for your car:
          http://mods.firebirdv6.com/stereo.html#FBAQ_16
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
          X