Hibernation Issue!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernation Issue!!

Any way to get my laptop to hibernate when I turn my ignition off, and come back on when start the car? Im trying to hide the laptop and utilize only the touch screan. Maybe a seperate USB power button that I can keep close by?

wow... read up man...

theres an option under advanced power management that changes what the power button does... you can change the thing to shut down or hibernate or stand by etc etc

if you need something to tell your computer to shutdown look into the shutdown controllers (i use DSSC, its the best and the guy who makes it is very VERY helpful!)
    [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

search the forum for a serial port "generic" ups solution. essentially what it does is uses a couple pins on your serial port to simulate a ups backup device. when power is applied to said pins, the computer sees it as the ups having power and the computer runs as normal. if the power is pulled, the computer sees it as the ups not receiving power (running on the backup battery) and shuts down (or in your case, hibernates, which can be set) automatically, even if you accidentally start it up after the car/computer were both shut off.
      Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Originally posted by nsmoller
        wow... read up man...

theres an option under advanced power management that changes what the power button does... you can change the thing to shut down or hibernate or stand by etc etc

if you need something to tell your computer to shutdown look into the shutdown controllers (i use DSSC, its the best and the guy who makes it is very VERY helpful!)
        I need something to tell my laptop to start up, not shut down. My laptop goes into hibernation just fine when I pull tha key. But, I dont wana have to do open heart surgery on my laptop thats why I suggested USB.

Comment

alot of the peple here suggest a WOR or WOL option

WOR = Wake on Ring. Pretty much when your telephone line rings, your laptop wakes up. There's a small circuit that can be made and plugged into your laptop to enable this

WOL = Wake on Lan. Pretty much the same as WOR< but uses the RJ-45 port, also known as the ethernet port. Same idea.

See which your motherboard support and look into that option.

Comment

Thanks for tha quick reply, Ill check into the WOR thing!

Comment

Working...
            X