Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting HDD from powerful subwoofer vibrations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting HDD from powerful subwoofer vibrations?

any ideas on how to prevent the vibrations of a sub from destroying the Hard Drive platters? Im gonna build a 4 sub wall in my truck and i dont want to damage my hard drive. I was thinking of possibly fitting it to some sort of shock absorbant surface and using a lap top hard drive. any ideas?

hmmm I got 2subs running next to my computer and its fine.

Not sure if the addtion of 2 more subs will do anything tho.

Comment

2 12s here - hitting a 141.x db and had no problems other than my laptop cd player skipping on me - lol - otherwise the numbers might have been a little higher....

the hard drive took the abuse and kept on going! never a flicker of a problem since then!
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

thanks red, do you think using a laptop hard drive is still a good choice since they seem to be setup for a little more abuse than a normal hdd?

Comment

next to the lilliput v. xenarc debate, that's teh hottest topic around here

I've been running a full size drive for over a year and haven't had a single issue...

if you do a quick search you shoul dbe able to find numerous threads about it, including different peoples takes on it.

I didn't go with a laptop drive because they simply don't make one big enough yet - I have 100 gigs of MP3s alone...lol
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X