what is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this?

I've been looking around for a cheap touchscreen and I found this on ebay, I don't think it's what I'm looking for but with such a cheap price I thought I'd ask. Is this an actual 10.4" LCD w/ touchscreen? If so, what would I need to hook it up to a computer? Thanks... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

A controller card. Not really a great resolution for a huge screen like that.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Would it work as a touchscreen for my carputer until I could buy a nicer one though? Also what would I need to hook it up to a computer? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepballa
        Would it work as a touchscreen for my carputer until I could buy a nicer one though? Also what would I need to hook it up to a computer? Thanks for the help!

He answered that, you need a controller card. You should price tham before you think you have a deal on the price of the touch screen without a controller.
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I'm not sure about the touchscreen, but you definately need a controller card for the monitor.
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

the following are just my opinons:

dirt cheap and carputer do not go together
            patience, doing it right the first times =great values
            saving money, buying reputable equipment = lower headaches

Comment

you will definatlly need a controller for the lcd as stated above, you will also need a inverter for the backlight(s), controller for the touchscreen, OSD board (usaully comes with the controller) and cables that are correct to connect the VGA controller and the screen and the inverter and the screen.

If you are looking for a project in getting a screen and are willing to spend the time to learn about lcds then have fun. (but research first) Otherwise I suggest buying a ready to go screen. You will not save money doing it this way.

also if you get a controller capible of resolutions higher the VGA (640x480) then the screen will display them, however because it is only VGA native the text will look blurry and the overall picture quality will not be as good. Nowhere near as bad as composite though. I would suggest getting a 800x600 native screen @ 10.4 inches.
              My Install

Software:
              CFiG v1
              iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
              Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
              StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Just check prices on controllers before bidding. Controllers can cost upwards of $100 or more in some cases. And there's the pain in the *** of trying to fnd the correct controller for the screen.

I'd say to save your pennies and wait for something better. Try to find someone with an old but working laptop, and use that as a carputer if you are tight for cash
                www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Working...
                X