Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to make xbox turn on when car is on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make xbox turn on when car is on?

how do you go about making ur xbox turn on when your car is started?... i am using a power inverter and my xbox is in the backseat/trunk.

Wire relay or ITPS to Xbox power switch?
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

you could do what some have done with computers.... take apart the power button and mount it near the dash. You would just have to extend the wiring....

Or...

Try hardwiring the wires that the button control into your accessory power wire.

I would go with the first idea becuase you wouldn't want the XBOX on all the time...inverters can get hot ya know..

Thanks

Comment

In theory, you could get an adapter that allows any ATX power supply to be used with an XBox, then use an Opus 150w PSU, which powers on with the ignition.
        It really depends on the power draw of the XBox. I'm not certain of that.

Someone has suggested that here, but I don't recall seeing the results...
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          In theory, you could get an adapter that allows any ATX power supply to be used with an XBox, then use an Opus 150w PSU, which powers on with the ignition.
          It really depends on the power draw of the XBox. I'm not certain of that.

Someone has suggested that here, but I don't recall seeing the results...
          DP, what do you think about an M1 with it?

It is only a P3 733 (i think), small mobo and not much else but a hdd and some grpahics and sound hardware.

Should work to be honest.

Comment

Have already put an M1 into an xbox and it works!

Use the , I cant be arsed to find it!

It works well and of course you can use the M1 ignition wire to trun the xbox on and it all fits nicely inside!

Comment

can i put a piece of tape on the xbox power button so its always pressed? lol

Comment

Nope. Try it. If I'm not mistaken it will shut down automatically, after a few moments.
                Actually modifying the power switch isn't that hard, and if you know how to use a relay it's easy. If you don't: look. It's basically a switch. However, rather than a finger pushing abutton or flipping it it works on a magnet. This elts you "flip the switchy" with a electric current rather than say... your finger.

Comment

kumanan, its a momentary switch, not a toggle. The Xbox receives the impulse when you hit the button and uses logic circuits to do the rest. Holding it down won't do anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X