No announcement yet.

New car pc, what do i need?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New car pc, what do i need?

    I want to build a pc in to my car, and have been reading the forums for help.
    But i ask to be sure.

    This is what i have found so far.

    1.C134 Mini-ITX Case (in dash)
    2.VIA EPIA MII12000 Mini-ITX Mainboard
    3.Panasonic Slot Load DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive 24x24x24
    4.Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    5.CarPC EZ v.2.4 - The Next Most Advanced ATX Power Controller

    I have 1gb ram and 60gb 2.5" harddrive allready.

    What more do i need to complete this carpc

  • #2
    GPS Mouse,wireless network card,USB Hub, and perhaps an external sound device.

    Just some ideas, does the mobo fit that case?
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage


    • #3
      I don't believe the MII 12000 will work in the C134.... especially if you want Slot load CD in the case... to the best of my knowledge. You would have to go with the M10000 and low profile memory which is limited to 512 MB ram not 1 gig.

      I would read about the Motherboard you are buying and determine if it:
      1. Works with the Case you want.
      2. Which case will work with it. has a lot of info about the Epia MBs, cases, memory, etc....

      Good Luck

      p.s. try searching using "MII 12000" or "C134" you will find a lot of information about the subject and maybe even find out some little tricks and tips that apply to what you are trying to do.
      EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
      Installed & Working....
      Custom enclosures
      Newbie Guide


      • #4
        I see the case comes with a power supply but is 60 watts enough for everything you want to run? If not you may need a different power supply.

        Also does this supply require a regulated 12 volts input? If so make sure you get a regulator.