Which frontend to use with MapPoint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which frontend to use with MapPoint?

I may have the chance at free MapPoint 2004 software, that's why I'm asking this. Anyhow, which frontends are the best suited integrating this? I'm still waiting on MP3car to send my hardware, but I want to start getting ready by lining all the software up. I've used the search, and didn't really come up with which frontends embed Mappoint, only ones that said they were working on it. Any help?

Thanks

I know AutoTouch uses MapPoint but not sure about the others.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Well u can run mappoint in almost all frontends that have gps i think. But as far as embeding im not sure, I know media car embeds mappoint,its the default gps program.

I also believe roadrunner has something goin on with mappoint so i would check that out.

But why mappoint?

Comment

I may have the chance at free MapPoint 2004 software, that's why I'm asking this.

It looks like my cheap options will be Streets and Trips, or MapPoint '04. From what i gather on here, S&T is crap, and mappoint, when embedded, isn't that bad. Am I right in saying that?

Comment

I guess it depends what you want to do with the gps..if u want scrolling maps withe reroute and such then mappoint is not the way to go.

There are apps out there for mappoint which make it better but if you want to use it for actual navigation i would try a diff gps program

Comment

I would use Iguadance if i was you now that i see you are in the states.

I think it is around $100

Comment

Hmmm...I guess I will play with it for awhile. Considering I've never had a navi system before, I'm sure i will be impressed. Anyhow, is Media Car a good frontend for a beginner? If in fact it does embed MapPoint, it might be the one I start off with. Any other opinions?

Comment

Well mappoint deffinatly embeds in media car and it is an easy front end to use and set up but it is not really supported anymore. Roadrunner is better and updated clone of media car. Check out V.O.I.C.E.S i think it is called it is a add on for mappoint that might help you out.

But honestly if you are looking for a navigation program that is going to blow you away mappoint isnt really going to cut it.

Mappoint is more of, well, a map basically. It doesnt for example show the map moving as you drive down the road or even route you turn by turn to my knowledge.

Comment

Support for map point

Our software is integrated with Map point. We are having problems with the GPS side but the maps work 100%.

PM me if you interested. I'll send you a free copy.
                  Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                  http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Map Point or Map Store by Via Michelin works well in Road runner. I've run it for about two month now and i'm happy with the function. Guino have with his usually kindness made a RR.exe file that fix even the sound problem. From the beginning all sound go to the left channel when I start Map Store.
                    OT
                    Anyone heard about a new release of the Via Michelin program? I think I saw something about a release in the middle of april but now I can't find anything about it.
                    Via Epia M1000
                    512MB RAM
                    120MB IBM Hard drive
                    Netgear MA111
                    Lilliput 8" Touchscreen

http://www.clarre.com/carcomputer.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 12Vsystems.com
                      Our software is integrated with Map point. We are having problems with the GPS side but the maps work 100%.
                      That's so funny I nearly pm'd you!
                      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Working...
                      X