tutorials for carputer setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutorials for carputer setup

is there any kinda basic tutorials for carputer tutorial w/ touchscreen?
    i just wanna know how the touchscreen works, does it connect to the keyboard/mouse porters and to the video card on the computer plus to power?

The lilliput touchscreen connect to the standard VGA connector - your monitor's plug.
    The touchscreen part uses USB - which most devices plug into nowadays
    and it takes power from the mobo/other too. Hope that helped!

Comment

wow.. so why do people take it apart for? :S

Comment

To modify a part of it - auto-on button, or simply so they can mount it how they went. If they want it to be COMPLETELY flush with there dash, they gotta take it out - plus alot of installs can't fit the entire unit.

Comment

why cant they just mount it in there dash how it is wit the wires going from the back?... the power is on the front isnt it ?

Comment

weeeelllll, you could do that, and some do, but fabrication adds that special touch.

Which looks better, this:

or this:

That is the same screen, by the way
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Mine wont fit in my dash like that. But im not gonna mod it by taking the casing off, however. I plan to have it slide out of the dash instead.
              Carputer status: [-*---------]
              Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Because it doesn't look like it belongs in the car. Some people want their screens to appear OEM (original equipment manufacturer), as if the car came with the screen installed.

If you want the screen to look like it came with the car, you have to take it out of the bezel and embed it in the dash.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

so is there a link or tutorial for the auto on thing? thats the only thing you gotta change to mount it in like that right? turning on wen car starts? ...

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                    Mine wont fit in my dash like that. But im not gonna mod it by taking the casing off, however. I plan to have it slide out of the dash instead.
                    huh? How are you gonna have it slide out of the dash without taking the case off and putting it in a new case?

Originally posted by kumanan
                    so is there a link or tutorial for the auto on thing? thats the only thing you gotta change to mount it in like that right? turning on wen car starts? ...
                    Yes. There is a link to it in the thread called "everything you ever wanted to know about your lilliput"
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
                      Because it doesn't look like it belongs in the car. Some people want their screens to appear OEM (original equipment manufacturer), as if the car came with the screen installed.

If you want the screen to look like it came with the car, you have to take it out of the bezel and embed it in the dash.
                      Because only OEM can place the screen where it's hard to reach and impossible to operate while keeping an eye on the road, right?

I think I'll go with gooseneck setup. Screw OEM look, I want my LCD to stay in my field of view and within reach.
                      Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

[QUOTE=wizardPC]huh? How are you gonna have it slide out of the dash without taking the case off and putting it in a new case?[QUOTE]
                        The case fits horozontally but not vertically, so I am toying and experimenting with the idea of sliding it out and pivoting up... just like an in-dash lcd you would buy, only $400 cheaper and way more work!
                        Carputer status: [-*---------]
                        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by lastberserker
                          Because only OEM can place the screen where it's hard to reach and impossible to operate while keeping an eye on the road, right?

I think I'll go with gooseneck setup. Screw OEM look, I want my LCD to stay in my field of view and within reach.
                          Right! That's the point of doing the install yourself, so you can get the setup the way YOU like it!
                          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                          Want to:
                          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
                            Right! That's the point of doing the install yourself, so you can get the setup the way YOU like it!
                            Well, after seeing your setup I belive every word

Say, doesn't that pop-up screen block a fair share of the road?
                            Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                              The case fits horozontally but not vertically, so I am toying and experimenting with the idea of sliding it out and pivoting up... just like an in-dash lcd you would buy, only $400 cheaper and way more work!
                              good luck with that. Maybe it won't take you 2+ years
                              I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X