Reversing Camera Help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing Camera Help!!!

I have a Composite Video camera hooked up to a Hauppage Video Card Input. I have been using frodocam to view camera images.

The Question:

Is there any software available that will allow me to draw a line on top of the video image so that I know how far I can reverse whilst still being able to open my tailgate.

I tried writing some software using the EZVidCap control for VB6 but didn't get very far. I managed to get the video image up but not a line.

Cheers

Rickster
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

hmmm, not to my knowlege. i know you can do it with still images very easy tho, but im guessing you want video
    Current Progress:
    [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓---]80%
    Final Assembly

Ramline P3 PC
    10.4 inch Touchscreen
    Windows XP Embedded
    Road Runner
    http://www.projektnepa.com
    Electrical Engineer / Mobile DJ

Comment

Yeah i am after video! Any one else know of any ideas (frodo)?

Comment

Could you write a transparent overlay app that sits directly over frodocam that just has a line on it??

Comment

Originally posted by rickster
          I have a Composite Video camera hooked up to a Hauppage Video Card Input. I have been using frodocam to view camera images.

The Question:

Is there any software available that will allow me to draw a line on top of the video image so that I know how far I can reverse whilst still being able to open my tailgate.

I tried writing some software using the EZVidCap control for VB6 but didn't get very far. I managed to get the video image up but not a line.

Cheers

Rickster
          Have you tried Active Web Cam? I know that program will work with Web Cams and IP Cams....not too sure if it'll work with the camera you have. The specs say it will work with TV boards...You can add transparant overlays on your video stream with that program very easily.

Check my review here:
          http://www.mobile-effects.com/module...review&revid=2

It's available in the downloads section as well on mobile-effects.com
          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

SnyperBob: I will check it out and let you know!

Comment

Have you tryed Hauppauge WinTV Dev Kit? It comes with an ocx to embed video..

Marco

Comment

where would you put the rear view webcam so it wouldnt be damaged? Is it an interior installation or exterior?

oh and by the way which front ends support video

I know frodos does but does NMC or mediacenter?

Comment

SnyperBob: That works a treat! Would've been nice if it was free though!!!

Markfind: I havent but if its an ocx I can play with VB a little

zoomzoommazda6: Aimee will support it when it is released, I think Centrafuse will have it in the next release and RR has it on his list of "things to do"

Thanks all for your help

Comment

RR already supports it through the TV Plugin.

Comment

where would you put the reversing cam/webcam so it wont be damaged? Undercarriage install?

Comment

In the bumper is the best place or under the bumper

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                          In the bumper is the best place or under the bumper
                          is the camera safe under the bumper?

Comment

Capturing vide in .Net

Originally posted by rickster

The Question:

Cheers

Rickster
                            what does the line actually do? Does it move up and down, or grow bigger as you get closer to an object behind?
                            Capturing video in .net is fairly simple once you know how, if you want to place just a line on top you can just keep drawing over the picturebox. If you wanted to display a number then the easiest way is to draw a textbox on top of the video picbox. Then you can display whatever text in it.

This example maybe helpful, for capturing video in .net: http://www.vbside.com/sourcecode/viewcode.asp?codeid=26

Richard
                            S.O.P.H.I.E.
                            www.VBSide.com/Sophie

Comment

actually when you think about it a reverse camera with a front end program is kinda stupid because by the time it takes you to see whats in your rear view cam you could have already done it manually plus why be dependent on a back up cam? The only way that a back up camera would be good is if the front end software knew when you had the car in reverse and automaticly went into rear camera mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X