Sound quality from soundcard to amp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound quality from soundcard to amp?

if i rig up the sound card out to an amp to the speakers, how is the sound quality on it? if its stereo out? or would it be better if i get RCA out? because they don't put out as many volts as a decent headunit does, so i was wondering how the sound quality would be. and which would be better

I use stero mini to rca's. I'm using the audigy 2 nx and have heard that the voltage is actually higher than a head unit. Anyways it sounds good like that. Dont worry about getting a sound card with rca out.
    2.4 celeron
    150 watt OPUS
    micro atx
    xp pro
    tv/radio tuner card
    audigy
    Dual monitor Radeon
    802.11G Mimo
    xm pcr
    dvd
    gps
    8" Lilliput touch screen
    IGuidance
    dual optimas
    battery isolator
    15" screen
    My Truck

Comment

thats good to hear, however, due to the lack of space, i was wondering if there is a good PCI soundcard that would give good sound quality and a decently high voltage.

Comment

the audigy 2 nx pci, and the audigy 2 nx usb both have 2vrms outputs... thats yer average deck, sounds fine i suppose for me, specially since my card-to-amp cables are 3ft long and shortening

if i saw a sound card with more volts (like some of those eclipse headunits), i'd buy it up in a second

Comment

are there any other sound cards with 2v outputs? and what is the average voltage output for low value sound cards, or integrated suond cards?

Comment

What do you think guys about that?
            Is it better than the audigy 2?I want to buy that but i don't pretty understand all these parameters
            Download our catalogue here :
            http://www.noboringstuff.com/catalogoweb.zip

Comment

Working...
            X