Destinator demo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator demo?

I'm currently using delorme for gps but I know there has to be something better. I've heard alot about this destinator program though I've found little info on how it works on pc. Its a bit expensive for me to just dive in and buy it without trying it first. Is there any demo's or any other ways I could try it out first?

Originally posted by supernoob
    I'm currently using delorme for gps but I know there has to be something better. I've heard alot about this destinator program though I've found little info on how it works on pc. Its a bit expensive for me to just dive in and buy it without trying it first. Is there any demo's or any other ways I could try it out first?

A 1 minute search found this

You might need mommy to help you ordering it it though
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

but how do you get it to run on PC?

Comment

Ok I'm fairly Noob here but.....Do you know how to operate a pc??? I mean damn....install the program....holy ***** I can see how some of you guys get so upset with noobs.....ugh
        Another Novice?
        Progress so far <-------*-> 88%
        Kenwood MPV5025 with Aux
        Via MII10000
        512MB Ram
        LG Slim DVD\CDRW
        Xenarc 700TS
        M1ATX
        Pharos GPS
        SYBA USB2.0 4-port Hub
        Bufalo 54Mbs Wirelessb/g PCMCIA card

Comment

Heckle0: Thats not exactly true. The Destinator maps don't natively run on PC. You have to install the map installation program. Extract the maps using the software and use the Destinator SDK to read the maps on a PC. You will need a program like Map Monkey or FreeDrive to be able to view the maps on a PC.

apparantly Destinator PC will be available at some stage.

Rickster
          "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Reading through posts in this section will answer any questions you have.

D3 won't run properly on the latest MM. You need to buy the D3 package and buy the $50 D3 SDK. See this thread for all the info.

When I was a noob I did ask questions but only after I searched extensively. Trust me, searching does work and you won't run the risk of asking a question that's been answered loads of times before. Now go and read up.
            Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Working...
            X