My Subwoofer Sticks (It Smells)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Subwoofer Sticks (It Smells)

My Sub Box, Sledge Hammer (For the Thunder4500) really stinks. I'm afraid to spray anything in the port, but I've tried Febreese and Lysol and nothing will rid my car of this musty smell. Any suggestions?
    Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
    Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
    CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
    NINe.2X, NINe.2

get new box?? or let it sit out in a ventalated area for awhile

Comment

Why does it smell? Does your trunk/hatch leak? Did someone panic and toss their beer into the port as the cops were pullin' you over? Did something crawl inside the port and die?! I'd pull the box outta the car and pull the sub outta the box and let it dry out and air out. If you have moisture floating around inside there, its not gonna be good for the spider or voice coil... if its not trashed already, it could end up that way. Just my 2¢!
      Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

You can try the DampRid products and the like, and leave some baking soda in there just in case once you get it smellin ok. If it isnt moisture, though, you may just need a new box. My buddy's trunk just smells cause of the athletic gear and old socks he's kept in there constantly for the last 5 years, and no spray or damprid gets rid of it, so he just masks it.
        Carputer status: [-*---------]
        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

I'm slightly OCD, so I dont think it would be my car stinking. I think I'll pull my sub out and let it air out for a couple days. Nothing has been inside my sub, it might be moisture, while I live in Dallas Texas, which is normally dry, we have gotten lots of rain since I bought it. So I think I should air it out. Thanks guys.
          Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
          Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
          Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
          CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
          NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

Working...
          X