Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn Laguna Owners - passing wire through bulkhead

Hi,

This is my first post after months of looking. I have a pc in my car powered by an inverter. Its purely for mp3s and uses a Matrix Orbital Lcd to display playlist and track information. Playlist selection and track changes are done using the steering column remote control. I am trying to install it so everything is hidden. Currently, the inverter is powered by the 12v accessory socket. I want to wire the inverter to the battery but can't figure how to pass a wire through the bulkhead. I can see where all the cabling passes through behind the glovebox, but can't get another wire through - any suggestions from those who have done this would be appreciated.

Thanks

OddJobBob
    Compaq EN SFF PII 400 64 ram (ebay £4)
    300w Nikkai Inverter (Maplin £20)
    Matrix Orbital Serial LCD (Matrix Orbital £50)

273Below may be able to help, although not sure if he is on here or the UK forums - www.digital-car.co.uk, he is running a Laguna and a CarPC, from memory, a very tidy install.

Failing that, I couldn't find a way through my bulkhead so I took a drill to it and put a rubber grommit around the cable, works perfectly.

Comment

Odd, I am just curious on how did you connect your steering wheel remote controls.

Comment

Odd, I am just curious on how did you connect your steering wheel remote controls.
        The matrix orbital LCD has a keypad input based on a 5 x 5 matrix (5 rows and 5 columns) = up to 25 keys. I just worked out what switch on the steering column did what and linked that to the LCD. The LCD then sends an output based on a character eg "C" to the serial port and my program detects that.

Comment

nice! wanna share?

Comment

I have done something similar but using the PS2 Controller from an old keyboard

Comment

Thats my plan. Got it ready, as soon as I finish some internal cables and my ALPS encoder arrives, its next.

Comment

I have a blaupunkt stereo which has a 10 pin iso remote control connector. I have a wiring diagram at home and will dig it out later. Very simple. The only problem was the rotary switch. It seems to have three positions but the contacts stay closed when each position is engaged. No good for me which only left me with 4 switches. By the way, has anyone worked out how to activate the "aux" input on a stock blaupunkt stereo. The manual says it has a CD changer option but I can't work out how to wire it (no obvious input on HU - must plug through the remote or something) or to activate the Aux. Anyone know.

Comment

try www.2connect.com - they seem to have AUX adaptors for stock radios.

Comment

Working...
                  X