Overheating concerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating concerns

Hello. I'm in the process of building my own carPC. I've been browsing these forums for awhile and know pretty much all I need to know about putting together my carPC.

One thing that concerns me is the PC or LCD overheating. I live in Phoenix, Arizona and in the summer it can get up to 120 degrees F. While I do keep the inside of the my truck nice and cool while driving around, I still worry about these PC parts melting .

Here's what I have:
    EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX (512MB)
    Panasonic Slot Load DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive
    M1-ATX 90 Watt
    Lilliput 8" VGA Touch Screen

I don't know if anyone else here has any experience with their carPC and high temps.

Thanks!
    View my site: WebNV.net
    View my truckPC project
    Read my truckPC project

this guy has his at about 150f

As the post states, another fan won't hurt. Just make sure the pc has air to circulate
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

I don't know if this has been tried, but can't you water-cool a pc, I know you can but what about water cooling and inverter(buy the kit from ebay, $100)

Comment

if u never lived in phoenix, you have no idea.

I did for 6 months and left, so I know. Its like no other place when it comes to heat and radiation heat inside yer car. Im unsure of anybody in Phoenix with a carputer on these forums, just for the same reason u are reluctant.
        (All done)
        iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. hanzacra: thanks for posting that info.

Here is the hard drive I got:
          http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?Sku=THD-1200M

I'd like to get a HDD cooler and some additional case fans (80mm). The M1-ATX shouldn't have a hard time running those. I also have some floor vents that I may try to re-route to the PC.
          View my site: WebNV.net
          View my truckPC project
          Read my truckPC project

Comment

Working...
          X