Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay or Nay? (450W ATX power supply)

Yes or no? (reason why or why not)

Errr why??? This is a desktop ATX power supply - you'd need one hell of an inverter to run it. look for dc-dc supplies such as opus,carnetix or the M1-ATX

Comment

yeah I know just thought maybe I could find a good inverter to run it. The car power supplies are weak

Comment

Not really for what is needed in a CarPC ... there is an OPUS 120W DC-DC and the new Carnetix isn't too bad running at 90W.

What are you planning on running??? A Mainframe?

Comment

well I was thinking about using the 150w opus and adding a bunch of speakers, gps, mp3..etc I want to keep the head unit and add aditional speakers to the car and these things add up when it comes to wattage

Comment

Why are you putting the speakers through the CarPC Power supply??? They would be powered by either an amp or the Headunit.

Comment

I think we have another victim

Comment

well I want to hook up my car sound to the head unit so I guess im going to have to buy an amp to run that. I wonder how much power my head unit has because if it had enough power id hook the additional speakers to that, but I dont know if the extra connections would allow that. I know I need a PIE adapter then PIE to RCA then Y audio cable. No with that setup I couldnt hook speakers to my headunit, they need to make more inputs for the audio cables

Comment

oh I want to hook it the sound from my computer to the headunit because of steering wheel sound controls

Comment

wtf!!!

Comment

I still don't get why you need such a high powered ATX Power Supply,

My setup is DC-DC Power supply -> PC

AMP wired directly to Car 12V Battery

PC Audio connected via RCA Cables direct to AMP for audio.

If I were you do some reading and understand what you are trying to do , it appears you aren't sure at all how to set anything up.

Comment

I wanted to power additional speakers without the use of an amp because I dont want to spend money on an amp so I want to hook my car computer sound card to my headunit and additional speakers but thats not possible. I dont need additional speakers anyway I guess 6 standard speakers is enough. I want to power a lot on my carputer and I dont know if 150watts is enough especially since I dont know the wattage of VIA's (im sure they arent that much wattage) plus 4 usb devices, keyboard, mouse and much more.

Comment

Increasing your CarPCs Power Supply won't make any difference, this just powers the components within the CarPC itself, its the output power of the headunit which says whether it will power the speakers.

Comment

Comment

thanks for the laugh.

Read the faqs and start searching on topics to see the ways to power system and connect the audio to the speakers
                              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                              X