No announcement yet.

new car pc need help Jax,fl

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new car pc need help Jax,fl

hey everybody got a question? As I read the post in the different topics I see most people still run a head unit. Is it possible to have only the pc and are their any draw backs?
    shuttle xpc
    p4 2.0
    matrox quad pci card
    xm pcr

No need for a head unit, in fact some people here are involved in sound competitions with only a carpc. The processing power of a computer will blow away any HU.

The only issue is radio at the moment, FM. Modulation sucks is not up to par but doable, there are some mods for XM radio, none for Sirus yet.

Some people use external sound cards like the Sound Blaster Audigy NX, or internal sound cards that can support channels to Amps etc.
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage

Ditto. Lots of folks on here without a head unit in their car.

Only drawback is poor FM/AM substitutes. Screw it and get XM. You'll never look back.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

no head unit here either, get a decent on-board sound or sound card and you will be happy,

I have a N-force2 chipset on a Biostar mATX and the sound is great, run strait to the amps
        My Install

CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

no head unit here either, where you at in jax?
          2003 PT Cruiser
          Sony, DEI, Kicker, Polk Audio, Stinger sound system custom cold air intake, diamond plate floors, progress springs 2" drop
          Freakville Pc's
          The PT Crew
          my cardomain page
          my webshots page

I am by regency mall but I work at Mayport.