powering a dell laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering a dell laptop

i have been reading on hear for about a month or so and i hope this question will not offend to many people. i am a caraudio person and not much a computer guy so please bare with me. i have a dell laptop that i am going to try to install in to my truck i know how to wire it to my indash lcd all im stuck on about is the powering it. what is the best and easiest way for me too power it.
    thanks to anyone willing to help

nick

Originally posted by fatwake2000
    i have been reading on hear for about a month or so and i hope this question will not offend to many people. i am a caraudio person and not much a computer guy so please bare with me. i have a dell laptop that i am going to try to install in to my truck i know how to wire it to my indash lcd all im stuck on about is the powering it. what is the best and easiest way for me too power it.
    Google for a laptop car adapter. They are made for just about every laptop ever made.
    That's the simplest and probably the cheapest method.

It does not, however, address turing the laptop on or shutting it off.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

A popular method is to use an inverter - or something like the previus gentlemen said, and have the laptop turn off automatically when battery reaches - say 75%. Turn on is a bit of a problem. A small switch rigger in the laptop could work easily. Look for wake=on-ring and wake-on-lan

Comment

Working...
      X