1/8 jack to RCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8 jack to RCA

I have a few laying around that have all three rca jacks, Red/Yellow/White. will this still work to get audio to my head unit or do I need one with just the audio?

as long as the red/white are the only ones going to the 1/8 jack, you are good to go as long as your HU has an RCA based aux-in. you can pretty much disreguard the yellow (video) cable.
    Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

well all three colors are connected to the 1/8 jack. Is that not going to work?

Comment

it may or may not. try it and see using just the red/white cables and see what goes. it shouldnt harm anything even if it doesnt work.
        Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Originally posted by supernoob
          well all three colors are connected to the 1/8 jack. Is that not going to work?
          WTF? how's that work? Where did this cable come from?
          Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
          I'M DEBT FREE!!
          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
            WTF? how's that work? Where did this cable come from?

Most likely from a video camera.

Comment

I have a cable like that, and it's for my video camera... basically there should be black stripes separating the different signals(red, white, and yellow). Typically they design the jack (on the camera) to read from the specific area. It MIGHT work in your head unit, but you may need to use a different combination between the three. (ie, it may not necessarily send the signal via your classic red/white...could be red/yellow or what not)
              90% done - Sempron 64 2600+, MSI RS480M, 512mb, 80gb hd, 7" Lilliput, 802.11g pci, Itrek gps, Panasonic slim slot DVD/CDRW (broke :( ), Hauppage Wintv, Iguidance 2.0, Opus 150w, Griffin Powermate, Optima Yellowtop, Infiniti 6002i & 9603i

My Install

Comment

Originally posted by bulgogi777
                I have a cable like that, and it's for my video camera... basically there should be black stripes separating the different signals(red, white, and yellow). Typically they design the jack (on the camera) to read from the specific area. It MIGHT work in your head unit, but you may need to use a different combination between the three. (ie, it may not necessarily send the signal via your classic red/white...could be red/yellow or what not)
                yeah.
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

yup, only get audio on the left chanel. Didn't try changing switching up the plugs though...I'll give that a try.

Comment

Yea, definitely sounds like it's from a video camera, if i were you i'd just spend a couple extra bucks to get the right cables, even though these may work.
                    Da_Kooz

Comment

Working...
                    X