how to hook up additional cooling fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to hook up additional cooling fans

I'm putting my pc in the floor compartment of my suv. I plan on putting in 4 80mm fans (2 blowing, 2 sucking) to vent the compartment out under the 3rd row seat. Should I just power these off the acc wire? I think it would be good if somehow I could get them to run for 10 minutes or so after the car is shut off. Is this something that can be easily done?
    Car-mada-puter Epia MII12000, 40gig HD, 512mb ram, Morex 3688 case, M1-atx and XP Pro.

Originally posted by llajumpvid
    I'm putting my pc in the floor compartment of my suv. I plan on putting in 4 80mm fans (2 blowing, 2 sucking) to vent the compartment out under the 3rd row seat. Should I just power these off the acc wire? I think it would be good if somehow I could get them to run for 10 minutes or so after the car is shut off. Is this something that can be easily done?
    Are those fans 12v? If not, you're going to burn them out pretty quickly.
    If you're going to power the fans after the car is powered off, you wouldn't want to use the ACC wire and you'd have to purchase or design/build a timer circuit. Basically when it sees there's no power on the ACC line it would wait X amount of time and then cut power to the fans.

Now, if you decide to use an Opus power supply, it has a delayed shutdown, which accomplishes the exact same thing....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

They are 12v and I should of mentioned I have the M1-ATX. Is there a way to hook them up to that?

specs:
      http://www.maddogmultimedia.com/prod...-8025A-2B2.htm
      Car-mada-puter Epia MII12000, 40gig HD, 512mb ram, Morex 3688 case, M1-atx and XP Pro.

Comment

Just hook them up to the ACC wire. You need some timing device if you want to run after ACC is cut off or keyout.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

You can use this

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/tr7instr.pdf

triggered off the acc line, it can keep the fan on for another 4 minutes if you want. They go four about $20

You can also add a couple diodes to the power line to the fans to reduce the voltage. Computer fans can run on less than 12 v, which is a good way to reduce the noise they make too.

Comment

just tap into the fan u got in the mother board and run ur wires off that pritty much daisy chain em

Comment

Working...
            X