Blue cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue cable?

My carputer plans are progressing slowly due to finance but in the mean time i want to run my car audio system from my mp3 player....

Can i just plug it in to the amp as in the diagram in the post above? Someone told me there is a cable that plugs into the amp from the headunit that tells the amp to turn on......and well i wont be using a headunit.

My system:
    Iriver mp3 player with line out
    6 channel amp
    door speakers
    6 by 9
    1 sub

Will my amp be on all the time even when the car is not running and so flatten my battery?

Many thanks!

u need to hook it up to a ACC fuse that turns on when u turn ur car on and turns off when u turn ur car off

Comment

an acc fuse? Is this a standard hardware thing can i just walk into a local car audio place and get one?

Thank you!

Comment

amps just need a 12 volt trigger, if you want you can just wire the blue wire to a yellow wire on a molex connector on your computer

Comment

But what if i wanted to use my portable mp3 player and not a pc......how would i get the amp to turn off an on?

Comment

Originally posted by Blop
            an acc fuse? Is this a standard hardware thing can i just walk into a local car audio place and get one?

Thank you!

check under ur dash man an acc fuse is just a fuse that gets power when u turn ur car on for example - power windows - radio - wipers stuff like that

Comment

i see cheers....

Comment

good luck !

Comment

So if i go through my fuse box to find a fuse thats connected to a 12v line and run a wire from that to my amp....i should be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Blop
                    So if i go through my fuse box to find a fuse thats connected to a 12v line and run a wire from that to my amp....i should be fine?
                    well everything in ur fuse box will have 12 volt

you need 12 volt that turns on when u turn ur car on that way ur amps are only on when ur cars on and it wont drain your battery

usualy ur wipers - power windows - radio are only on when ur car is on try to ind ur wiper fuse and tap into that

Comment

Aah wicked....it makes sense now, i really dont want to have to buy a headunit to control the amp this would really help!

Cheers!

Comment

no problemo i do it all the time when i install systems in cars with stock head units

another thing u can do is if ur using a headunit and u have a amp that came with ur car check on the back of ur headunit there will be a remote turn on cable u can tap into that so ur amps turn on when ur headunits on

Comment

Will i need to plug the line out of my portable mp3 player into a an EQ unit or can i go straight to my amp? Someone has scared me saying i will need to set all the EQ settings right to avoid blowing my amp...

The Plan:

Iriver HD340 (line out) > 4 channel amp > 1 sub + 2 component speakers

Will this work with no problems?

Many thanks!

Comment

yup, will be fine.
                            Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
                            PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
                            Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

Comment

Cheers dan...but i guess if i had a sepearte EQ unit then i would have better results?

Do you guys that have their Car PC's use the sound cards software EQ as the main EQ?

I

Comment

Working...
                              X