Best Voice navigation software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Voice navigation software

I'm interested to know what everyone is using for voice control. Please share your successes and failures in trying to get voicecontrol working. I have a lot of cabin noise and am unsure how that will factor.

thanks

before you shoot off a or a save it. I have searched..
    01 Metro LSI
    79hp 41MPG Highway
    Check my progress
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51295

apparently you haven't searched enough. again. there is one BIG voice control program available which many people here swear by. just to annoy, I'm not going to mention it.
    Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

i guess the 2 major ones are Navivoice and BSR (Bruno speech recognization)...i have only used navivoice in my home computer for trial...it works fairly well, dont know how it will work in the car. I just dont like it when the computer talks back to you like a robot, see needs to sound more fluid (that not navivoices fault i think, that just MS speech program).

Comment

Yes, use NaviVoice. I admit that tis hard to setup at first, but when you get it working its all good
        NaviVoice is compatable with Road Runner, Frodoplayer as the frontends, and Ninja Monkey's Map Monkey and iGuidance.
        Originally posted by sanbas
        i guess the 2 major ones are Navivoice and BSR (Bruno speech recognization)...i have only used navivoice in my home computer for trial...it works fairly well, dont know how it will work in the car. I just dont like it when the computer talks back to you like a robot, see needs to sound more fluid (that not navivoices fault i think, that just MS speech program).
        Well, you need to buy some aftermarket voices for SAPI. And if you don't want feedback, then just delete those lines
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i didnt even know "aftermarket voices for SAPI" existed...point me to a few? meantime ill look around.

and r u really 17...real impressive work for a 17 year old!!!

Comment

AT&T's natural voices is probably your best bet. probably the most human sounding text-to-speech voices to date. you can try it out here: http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/

Comment

Try them all. Only YOU can decide what is best for you.

The carputer is a giant research laboratory and figuring out the "best" software for your needs is part of the fun/frustration.

That said, there's two biggies. Navivoice is the most well known and widely used. Works quite well. Give it a try.

Bruno Speech Recognition is a relative newcomer that shows promise.

There is also another very recent arrival...the name escapes me as I haven't tried it yet but the screenshots looked cool.

The great thing about the community is that there are THREE to choose from!
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i didnt even know "aftermarket voices for SAPI" existed...point me to a few? meantime ill look around.

and r u really 17...real impressive work for a 17 year old!!!
                Yes, I'm 17... the youngest programmer on here

My programs are written in Delphi, unlike most of the other programs on here (usually VB or .NET).
                Originally posted by Vchat20
                AT&T's natural voices is probably your best bet. probably the most human sounding text-to-speech voices to date. you can try it out here: http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/
                $.02 about voices
                Originally posted by Bugbyte
                Try them all. Only YOU can decide what is best for you.

The carputer is a giant research laboratory and figuring out the "best" software for your needs is part of the fun/frustration.

That said, there's two biggies. Navivoice is the most well known and widely used. Works quite well. Give it a try.

Bruno Speech Recognition is a relative newcomer that shows promise.

There is also another very recent arrival...the name escapes me as I haven't tried it yet but the screenshots looked cool.

The great thing about the community is that there are THREE to choose from!
                Well, the choice really depends on what you want to be doing. NaviVoice was originally designed from operating navigation, so its main focus is on navigation. The frontend support got added later, and so did the macro functions (button presses, mouse movements, mouse clicks, etc). In making NaviVoice I tried to use the SDKs that were available for the applications. So I have native support for MapMonkey, FrodoPlayer and Road Runner. Currently NaviVoice does everything that BSR can do. The next versions should blow it out of the water (when I get done with them)
                However, NaviVoice is a ***** to configure. Yes, I admit. Its a ***** to configure.
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

ok i have the at&t natural voice speech engines (is that what you call em?)...i cant seem to get them to work with navivoice...it kept using the older voices so i deleted them and then navivoice kept giving me errors so i reinstalled them, but still cant figure out what i need to change in navivoice to get it to use the selected voice.

I already went into navivoice configuration and chose the voice i wanted (cryatsl form at&t) and chose "save as default voice" but its still using the older voice.

thanks

Comment

hmm. cant say cuz i havent used navivoice yet. let me try it.

Comment

ok i have the at&t natural voice speech engines (is that what you call em?)...i cant seem to get them to work with navivoice...it kept using the older voices so i deleted them and then navivoice kept giving me errors so i reinstalled them, but still cant figure out what i need to change in navivoice to get it to use the selected voice.

I already went into navivoice configuration and chose the voice i wanted (cryatsl form at&t) and chose "save as default voice" but its still using the older voice.

thanks
                      Try testing the voices first. Do they test ok? Sometimes you have to look around the list, because it doesn't always report the correct voice number
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

yes the navivoice configuration program has at&t voices for mike and crystal and they work fine, i can type anything thing in the box and it was say it with their voices. But when i am using navivoice it doesnt use their voice.

Comment

yes the navivoice configuration program has at&t voices for mike and crystal and they work fine, i can type anything thing in the box and it was say it with their voices. But when i am using navivoice it doesnt use their voice.
                          Ok. Then press save as male and save as femal. Lets hope this works
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

hmm. ive been trying, but i have yet to figure out how to get any of the real features (such as voice commands. lol) to work. ill keep playing around with it and see what goes.

Comment

no i had already tried that, i tried it again anyways and no luck. Will not switch to different voice. Do i have to edit anything in the xml or notepad file??

Comment

Working...
                              X