little help with my head unit/laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help with my head unit/laptop

My JVC head unit has a 3.5mm mp3 input jack, but when hooked to my laptop or a mp3 player it only plays audio out of 1 side of the song. I really don't know how to explain it better than that. It plays music out of all the speakers, but only the left part of the song is playing threw them. Ive tried the straight 3.5mm to 3.5mm wire as well as the 3.5mm to rca/rca to 3.5mm cable. Any help if you understand my problem ?

Originally posted by hexorcist
    My JVC head unit has a 3.5mm mp3 input jack, but when hooked to my laptop or a mp3 player it only plays audio out of 1 side of the song. I really don't know how to explain it better than that. It plays music out of all the speakers, but only the left part of the song is playing threw them. Ive tried the straight 3.5mm to 3.5mm wire as well as the 3.5mm to rca/rca to 3.5mm cable. Any help if you understand my problem ?
    Could it be that 3.5mm jack on either the MP3 player or the headunit is damaged, causing only one channel to come through?
    An easy way to determine that is to plug headphones or small speakers into the MP3 player and see if you get stereo sound. If you do, then the problem is either the cable itself (which you've investigated) or the stereo jack on the headunit.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yup I concur, Happens all the time with walkmen if you use em' enough. Sooner or later, it's 1 channel sound coming through.
      Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
      Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
      I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
      Please help.

Comment

that figures. oh well, time for a new head unit thanx for yall's help.

Comment

I'm sure you are, but are you sure you are using a stereo cable and not a mono cable?

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

yea..its stereo cable.

Comment

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

lol good lookin out though, yo

Comment

Working...
                X