Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Amp Kit, Any Specific Bundles?

Hello,

I'm trying to decide on what type of power wires I should buy, and how to run it through the car. What I want to do is have 1 power wire ran to the trunk, and split off to the other devices from there. What I'm going to have is:

150W Opus PS
    400W Amp (100wx4ch)
    Sub amp (undecided wattage)

I need to run at least a 4awg wire to the trunk, but I don't know if I should go with 2awg. I was looking at distro blocks, and very few are 2awg. Once I get it to the trunk, all the other wires off the distribution block can be pretty short.

This is what I at least think I'm going to need. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1 2-4awg wire from battery to trunk
    1 (Not sure how many awg) ground wire to ground distribution block
    1 (Fused?) Distribution block with at least 3 outputs for power
    1 Distribution block with at least 3 outputs for ground
    3 Power/ground wires for amps and pc

Instead of buying everything separately, I was thinking of buying the parts in a kit to save money. What I also need is speaker wire to run to the speakers from the amp. Maybe one of the kits includes that. This is my first time doing anything with car audio stuff, so there might be a kit that has everything I need. Any suggestions on which kit to buy, or is it better to buy everything separately?

Thanks

I don't know if this would be better suited in another forum, please move if you want.

Circuit City has a kit by Tsunami with everything you've said you wanted, plus a 1 farad cap. Everything except RCA cables that is.

Comment

Can't go too wrong with a Stinger kit SWCKH44.

Includes everything you need from the battery terminals to the speaker wire, and a 1.2 farad cap.

Do an ebay search and you'll find a few.

Not exactly a cheap item at $200, but considering all you get it is a good deal, and no power issues to worry about ever.

Comment

best companys in my opinion for multi amp kits:
        Monster, VooDoo, and Stinger. Ebay is a nice cheap place, just make sure you know what your getting.
        96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
        Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Wizard
          Can't go too wrong with a Stinger kit SWCKH44.

Includes everything you need from the battery terminals to the speaker wire, and a 1.2 farad cap.

Do an ebay search and you'll find a few.

Not exactly a cheap item at $200, but considering all you get it is a good deal, and no power issues to worry about ever.
          I got this same kit....great thing is that I never had to wonder if I got all the cabling that I needed !! Got it for about $215 shipped from eBay, great quality wire, makes the install a whole lot easier and cleaner....even comes with zip-ties!
          Progress: |##########| 99.99%
          - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
          -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

I take it the 400W is peak power and not rms? if so, unless your sub amp is going to be massivly more, you will get away with 4 gauge easy.

Post back when you know and someone can confirm it- also best if you can quote the Ampage too, from the book, or at least what Amp the fuses are, with amplifiers varying so much it gives more of an picture.

Comment

Great place for wiring/kits is http://knukonceptz.com
              I'd look at them before ebay.

Comment

I would second the knukonceptz recommendation. I was very impressed with their offerings (course I am still basically a noobie), but the prices were good...
                2005 Black Chevy Impala
                Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Working...
                X