Looking for parts in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for parts in Canada

Hey all I am trying to track down all the parts I need for a Car computer system but I want to buy them in Canada. Does anyone know where I can Buy them??

Almost everybody here buy the parts online (even people in S. america and UK buy in places that are in the US) so I guess you have to deal with shipping like everybody else.

There is a tigerdirect in canada you can start from there.....

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/indexca.as...US&CMP=IL22454
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Hello Fellow Canadian!

I've completed purchasing all of my CarPC and audio parts, and I was able to get most of the without having to go international. Here's a list of stuff and where I got them:

-Computer parts (Biostar M7VIZ motherboard, Athlon XP 2500+ mobile, ED 160 GB hard drive and 512 MB RAM) all bought at local shops in Ottawa.

-M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card bought from www.ncix.com in BC

-IDE to USB2 adapter from www.NCIX.com also

-Pioneer 16X slot-load DVD - bough used locally (those are getting hard to find)

-Innovatek IN-007VT 7" touchscreen (bought used locally, but also available from www.mp3playerstore.com located in Montreal)

-M1-ATX power supply was ordered from MP3CAR store (was the only international purchase, and the shipping by UPS express next day covered the brokerage fees, so I only had to pay GST - thanks for the great service guys!)

-USB FM radio mouse (bough on eBay from a seller in Stittsville, Ontario)

-GPScentral.ca in Calgary.has many different styles of GPS software

-USB Wi-Fi adapter was purchased locally

-Fiberglassing supplies, bondo and paint at you local Canadian Tire

-I still need a USB hub and a VGA extension cable, but any computer store will have that.

And that's about it!

BTW, if you're looking for a VIA EPIA board, I have an EPIA ME6000 for sale, never installed.

Luc
      Sentra CarPuter:
      -InnovaTek 7" LCD touchscreen, Biostar M7VIZ w/ AMD Athlon XP-M @800 MHz 1.1V, 512 RAM, 160G HDD, M-Audio Revolution 5.1, USB Wi-Fi with custom external antenna, Holux GPS and lots of really nice audio bits...

Comment

Thanks for the info on the parts

How is the quality on that innovatech monitor?

Comment

Where are you guys in Canada? I see one of at least is in Ottawa. Anybody else?

Comment

I'm in Ottawa aswell. I am new to the forums and still researching exactly what I want my carputer to do for me.

Comment

I am from Laval (just beside Montreal) !

I've bought most of the stuff on eBay from the U.S. except for me too a used innovatek 7" touchscreen vga that I bought localy.
              Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
              Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
              Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

Working...
              X