Speaker problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker problem

I had 2003 Ford Explorer, I recently bough the carputer with the Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen. My problem is my car come with the standard single CD stereo system, but I want to put my LCD on the system.

So should I remove the stereo system , then put the LCD on it. But the problem with that is how do I hoop up the speaker to my carputer.

OR

Is there a way to move the stereo system somewhere then use the cassette adapter that plug in to my computer sound card.

You could do either.
    There's a whole forum here devoted to FAQs. It's called the FAQ Emporium . Check it out. There's a thread in there named HOW TO: Get sound from PC to Car Stereo / Amp that will tell you everything you need to know.

Also, use the search tool. Then use it some more. I'm willing to bet that 99% of the questions you have about your project have been asked in these forums at least once, which means you can find your answers without even having to ask someone! Amazing!

Good luck with your project.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, my question is I want to put the LCD on the space for the stereo system, so inorder to do that I need to remove the whole stereo system inorder for the LCD to fit in there, but removing the stereo system will mess up the sound system, so I want to know can I still power the speaker, even if I don't have an AMP.

Comment

As was stated above this has been well answered, however I suggest that you remove the HU and install an amp for maximum enjoyment. Why go for the PC install without the potential sound enhancements also

Ice: Nakamichi MB100, Dynaudio 340, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 12w2, Epic 160
        Current Project: Fitting a Cologne V6 to an Eagle SS

Comment

Originally posted by jackkong
          Sorry for the confusion, my question is I want to put the LCD on the space for the stereo system, so inorder to do that I need to remove the whole stereo system inorder for the LCD to fit in there, but removing the stereo system will mess up the sound system, so I want to know can I still power the speaker, even if I don't have an AMP.
          You need some type of amplification for your speakers to work. If you completely remove your head unit, you will have to use an amp to power your speakers.

Installing an aftermarket head unit with aux inputs in the dash along with your LCD would be the easiest thing IMO. Most people on here feel that using an amp with no head unit is the best way to go, but I don't feel like installing an amp, so I'm going to use a head unit.
          CarPC Status
          [|---------] 10% Complete

Home Rig -
          Athlon 64 (939) 3200+ (Watercooled)
          DFI NF4 SLI-D Mobo
          Gigabyte 6600 128MB PCI-E Video Card
          (4) 9GB U160 SCSI HDDs in 36GB Raid 0 Array
          160GB Seagate S-ATA Drive w/NCQ
          Dell 20.1" Widescreen LCD

Comment

I would seriiously reccomend an amp over the HU option, simply becasue amplifying an audio signal is all an amp does, and in most cases it does this very well, only one samll part of a HU is for amplifying the signal and is usually inferior components for a really good job, thus it would become the "weak" point in your system SQ wise.

A cheap little alpine would do the trick, of somethign more rounded if the mood takes you!

Comment

So either buy an amp and keep my HU is the only two options I have. One thing I want to know about using an amp is how you control the volume of the speaker, the balance and fade. Cause you can do all that in a HU.

Comment

Volume through the computer. Balance through the computer. Fade depends on the soundcard. You'd need one that can support 4 channel output.

Fade is quite unimportant on a daily basis. I don't think i've ever used my fader. If you don't need it, a 2-channel soundcard and some RCA Y-splitters will do fine.

Comment

Have you had a chance to read the FAQ that DarquePervert pointed you to? It answers many of these questions...
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

this should help as well http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ewpost&t=53368
                    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I just knew that thread was going to come in handy pretty quickly...
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Pretty unnecessarily negative attitude to have guys, if he wants to post a simple question the surely this is a free world. There is little i hate more than forums where questions that are not novel enough are blasted out of the water - if you dont liek it dont look but surely in a free world he can post this if he wants to - I have no problem replying

Comment

Working...
                        X