complete newb, needs guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete newb, needs guidance

I tried searching but couldnt find exactly what I wanted.

I know how to build and hook up computers
    I have an old comp laying around in my basement I wanna make a carputer. I have a couple of Questions.

Does anyone have a diagram of how the computer should be wired into the car (for the power and sound?) I dont want to use a dvd type screen because they are hella expensive, what are my other options? any other tips would be great. I plan on wiring the switch for the comp to come on when my deck turns on with the remote turn on wire, so does this mean that power buttons on the computer itself will not be needed?

I have wired up amps and car stereos before, actually a lot before, so I have a pretty good idea of 12v wiring. I jsut need some guidance for my first carputer.

Welcome

Welcome

Try http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51489 to get you started.

check out the 'show off your project' forum for inspiration

Decide what you want your carputer to be able to do, how much money you are willing to spend on it etc...
    99' V6 Solara SE.
    '05 CBR600RR
    Baltimore MD.
    Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
    Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

Comment

Hah, I would like to know to. I have less experience than you do. I just know how to build PC's. I will probably just buy a prebuilt one that will fit in the storage compartment behind my seat. I'll just have to find someone around here that can help me fabricate the dash for the screen and wire it up :P If someone could post a diagram that would be awesome

EDIT: thanks anik321
      1992 Toyota MR2 - Stock NA
      Car CPU Status: [X---------] 0%
      Still wishing and planning :D

Comment

Go here and start reading the threads:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=106

You'll find most of what you need to know, including how to hook up power and sound.
        Search these forums for what you want. There's a wealth of information.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X