X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which head unit should I buy?

Here is my setup:
    car-pc with RCA outputs
    Four speakers (front and rear) all MB Quart 6 1/2" with tweeters and crossovers
    1 Phoenix Gold 12" 4 ohm dual subwoofer in enclosure
    Soundstream 700w mono amplifier

Here is what I want to be included in my deck/head unit:
    Sub control in deck
    Sub out (rca)
    Auxiliary Input (rca) which will support my car-pc
    Decent looking removable faceplate
    At least 50w x 4 power to front/rear speakers
    I like the sound of Pioneer, so that brand if possible

If anyone knows what deck I should be buying let me know. I am lost. Thanks for all your help

I think I may have decided on a Pioneer DEH-P6600... What do you think about that unit? Or should I try to stick with Alpine or Clarion like I've seen people say on the forums?

Comment

Head units are for cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbycope
        Head units are for cheaters.
        yup
        Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Thanks, you both were a lot of help. I dont know what I would have done without your input

Comment

Originally posted by seanbrown
            Thanks, you both were a lot of help. I dont know what I would have done without your input
            wouldent have saved a couple o' hundred $$ on a piece of unnessesary equipment.
            Is this where the witty comment goes?
            97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

Comment

You will never go wrong with a quality pioneer head unit. Plus to those nay sayers out there. He will at least still be able to play his tunes, should any one component that a PC needs to operate should fail. And there is alot to fail on a PC.

Comment

Everyone says they keep the HU for "backup" purposes and the like..

but when yer CD player broke in the past, you had no tunes while you fixed/bought a new one....

so if/when your comp breaks, OH NO, same problem. But not listening to music and getting in car internet for a day or two is never worth the $400 minimum for a decent head unit...and again that $400 could buy a large portion of a carputer setup...
                (All done)
                iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

I'm a big pioneer fan too. I'm the ultimate cheater, I've got an AVIC-D1.....

Comment

decisions decisions decisions

Heh... It's all matter of opinion.
                    I was strongly suggested to go with just an AMP. It was a good idea, and I never turned it down, but I was able to afford a cheap $75 Blaupunkt unit which I moved into my Glove Box... My PC had countless "down" times... and if it wasn't for that HU, I would've drove myself crazy lookin' at a blank monitor up front...
                    Maybe I'll go with just an amp someday... but that's after I'm 110% statisfied with the PC and how it's running... then again... has anyone ever been 110% satisfied???
                    Pioneer decks are the shiznit... as long as it has AUX inpuit and some other good features, go for it man...
                    VER. 3.0- Check out below:
                    車コンピュータ 3.0

Comment

Thanks for all your advice... I wish the deck had mp3 support, but I guess that is what my computer will be for.

Comment

H/U = more buttons

Must have more buttons...
                        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                        Sound Stage
                        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Depends how much you want to spend

However decent brands like Pioneer, Blaupunkt, Nakamichi, Alpine, Clarion, Becker will all deliver the goods, it's just a case of finding one at a price you like with the features you want

Personally I'd go with a Pioneer or a Nak
                          Leo

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk

A million people can't be wrong, right?

Well... unless they're all from the red states...

Comment

Working...
                          X