Quick pre-install questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick pre-install questions

Doing my install tommorow, where should the distribution block be placed, under the hood?

and where should the dssc go?

How many people put the backs of their casing back on the lcd once it is mounted and bonded into the dash?
    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

I put the back of my lilliput back on after I had it bondod into the dash, because when I took it apart, I left some stuff in there, so it was just easier to put back together like that.

I'm still not really done, I just wanted it up and running so I could test it and whatnot, the finishing work will get done later.

Good luck with the install.
    :: '97 2.5 TL :: CarPC 1.0: Complete :: CarPC 2.0: 95% ::

Comment

No this distrobution block should be close to where the power connector for the PC is. Are you putting the pc in the trunk? Then Distroblock goes to trunk. Just run 1 power cable from battery to trunk to distro block. Then feed all other power cables from the distro block to your other things that need power.
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant
      Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
        No this distrobution block should be close to where the power connector for the PC is. Are you putting the pc in the trunk? Then Distroblock goes to trunk. Just run 1 power cable from battery to trunk to distro block. Then feed all other power cables from the distro block to your other things that need power.

Ok, I understand that, I bought a fused distro block so I wouldnt have to put inline fuses, so I am going to have to anyways?

Comment

Ok, one more thing, the distro block has two 30 amp fuses in it, which is more than enough to support what i am running. I am going to try to put another inline fuse under the hood.

Is there and drawbacks of using bigger fuses than needed?

Comment

bigger fuses yes smaller yes a fuse is like a bridge. electricity are people tryin to cross that bridge if your bridge holds 30 ppl max and on the other side of the bridge is a house (computer/amp whatever) and your house has a 20 person limit then 10 ppl are gonna be out side banging on your door trying to get in but they cant. some of them may get in, hey a few party crashers no big deal. now i got 21 but this line of ppl to get into your party goes a few street blocks down cuz your one popular mofo. so now theres 10 ppl trying to bust into your house (computer/amp)
            ultimatly your house gets damaged

same problem happens if your bridge only carrys 10 ppl and you house can hold 20 because the opposite will happen not enough ppl will be coming by to make the party seem interesting and the party will be weak so you turn up the music then everyone across the bridge hears the sounds and run across the bridge and it comes crashing down (blown fuse)

this has been an analytical story by lostreception
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I
            [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
              bigger fuses yes smaller yes a fuse is like a bridge. electricity are people tryin to cross that bridge if your bridge holds 30 ppl max and on the other side of the bridge is a house (computer/amp whatever) and your house has a 20 person limit then 10 ppl are gonna be out side banging on your door trying to get in but they cant. some of them may get in, hey a few party crashers no big deal. now i got 21 but this line of ppl to get into your party goes a few street blocks down cuz your one popular mofo. so these 10 ppl tring to bustinto the party and your house (computer/amp) gets damaged

same problem hapens if your bridge only carrys 10 ppl and you house can hold 20 because the opposite will happen not enought ppl will be coming by to make the party seem interesting and the party will be weak so you turn up the music then everyone across the bridge hears the sounds and run across the bridge and it comes crashing down (blown fuse)

this has been an analytical story by lostreception

LMFAO, great story, to get to the point, im fine with bigger fuses than what i need.

Comment

Heh, actually, I think the point was that too small fuses arent good, and too big fuses arent good. You want a fuse that is just right for whatever you are protecting with the fuse.

Comment

Well, im going to try to run it with the 30 amp fuses

I am running a 100 watt pioneer amp on one, and a 350 watt inverter on the other, so....

Comment

Originally posted by CavityCr33p
                    I am going to try to put another inline fuse under the hood.
                    You better put an inline fuse under the hood!
                    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
                    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
                    Via M10K
                    512mb Ram
                    60GB HDD
                    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
                    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
                      You better put an inline fuse under the hood!

Ok, I got a inline fuse, but the two wires on the sides of it are like 10-12 gauge and my main wire from my battery is 6 gauge, is this going to matter?

Comment

Working...
                      X