e-vectra drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-vectra drive

hey, i bought a hp e-vectra to load into my mx-3. i need to know what kind of dvd rom i can load into it, there is only a cd rom in it, is there a specific model. i have searched trying to find useful information on this unit and keep finding the same reviews and such, also did a search here on the site but cant find the info i am looking for, thanks in advance.

Originally posted by dali
    hey, i bought a hp e-vectra to load into my mx-3. i need to know what kind of dvd rom i can load into it, there is only a cd rom in it, is there a specific model. i have searched trying to find useful information on this unit and keep finding the same reviews and such, also did a search here on the site but cant find the info i am looking for, thanks in advance.
    An IDE DVD drive.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

any slimline laptop dvd/rw drive will work in the evectra if im not mistaken.

Comment

this is the gen HP part number

D4398-69403
        from this web page
        http://partsurfer.hp.com
        but as hsv wagonsaid im sure that most dvd laptop drives would work the only problem being the plastic facia. the e-vectra would be flat and most laptop have curved to suite the lines of the laptop.....
        Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

e-vectra error 0503 trying to install 120GB HD

HP e-vectra
          PN (product number) D9898a #ab6

Been running a 20 GB HD on my mates carputer I built and purchased off of eBay. I now have a spare 120 GB spare for him to use, after many hours of formating installing blah blah on another PC, I am now ready to put it into his carputer only to get the error message in BIOS 0502. Does anyone know what this error msg means, I am tipping that the computer cannot handle a 120 GB HD.

If I am wrong can someone pls suggest what might be the problem.

Should I be right and it cannot handle a 120 GB HD is there anyway of upgrading the BIOS or whatever for it to be able to handle a 120 GB HD, it is just your standard IDE HD from Seagate.

Tried the HP website and when ever it comes up for anything to do with supporting this product the website timesout, and has so for the last week. So I am guessing they no longer support it. Tried Google to some degree but not much luck so far. (Just don't have the time to keep helping my mate as priority number 1, but really want to help him)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that, any ideas for a reasonable cheap and some what expanable slimline carputer.

In advance thanks for your help!

Cheers
          Jordi

Comment

Working...
          X