Laptop or Desktop or Mini or none?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop or Desktop or Mini or none?

I am new. Sorry for posting before searching... but my plan (been working on for a month) of putting a Pioneer screen/dvd/gps fail thru. My dash sticks out to far and wont fit it.

I want something small and dont want to put too much time into building the computer... because I know the install will probably take me forever.

Anyway, my goals are:

external dvd
    mp3
    satellite radio
    GPS
    7" touch screen in dash

I'm also only looking to spend about 2-300 on the screen and 3-400 on everything else. I might go without the gps for the time being if it is too expensive. Is it possible to spend this little, or should I not waste my time?
    1988 Porsche 944 NA

Search, Search and Search Again.

If your intrested in the Mini, check out... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=71,

or check out Bugbytes project, he's done an awesome job working with a Mini-mac, he's good when it comes to explaining things, check out the FAQ sections too, gives a great Laptop vs Desktop topic.
    Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
    Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
    CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
    NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

I guess what I am really searching for is the most cost effective solution to get everything I want. What if I found a cheap laptop w/ a broken screen and hooked up an external screen and power supply? like this
      I think a mini might be too expensive for me to get decent power. A laptop should fit under my seat too.
      1988 Porsche 944 NA

Comment

Is there a laptop car power inverter that will do the function of turning the computer off when the car is turned off and on when car is on?
        1988 Porsche 944 NA

Comment

Go the FAQ's and read up. You'll find 99.5% of answers there, and if you have any more questions come back and ask.
          Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
          Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
          Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
          CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
          NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

Working...
          X