Help with touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with touchscreen

Ok, I have air suspension in my car. It is controlled by a 7" touchscreen. The connection from the screen to the brain is a 9 pin mini din. There are no other connections available out of the screen or brain, other than 2 rca video inputs. My question is, is there any way I can route the screen and brain through a pc using the 9 pin mini din? If so what cables will I need?

Thanks

Try searching for drivers for your screen, use the brandname in the search string.
    Australian TRX Forums: Pintara/Corsair/Stanza/Bluebird/Altima info

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer
      Ok, I have air suspension in my car. It is controlled by a 7" touchscreen. The connection from the screen to the brain is a 9 pin mini din. There are no other connections available out of the screen or brain, other than 2 rca video inputs. My question is, is there any way I can route the screen and brain through a pc using the 9 pin mini din? If so what cables will I need?

Thanks
      It's not very likely. You'd need to determine what pin in that 9-pin does, then make a cable to run it off the PC and then write drivers for the touch component.
      Could it be done? Yeah. Is it worth it? No.

You can get the video of the PC onto the screen if the PC has a TV-out capability. That's one option, however, it won't be able to control the airbags.

Jono's advice is off-target. Screens don't have drivers, unless they have osme additional functionality like a touchscreen.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Suppose I determine what each pin does. can I run the software loaded in the brain via desktop shortcut in windows.

I took the screen apart and it looks like it is made by a company called Giantson. I searched for info but came up with nothin' (I know it's a cheap screen) I bought the kit from Chasis Tech. All they would tell me is that it was made over seas. errrrr.

I just want to run my pc on the same screen as my suspension. I drive a Civic so I'm kinda limited on space on the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer
          Suppose I determine what each pin does. can I run the software loaded in the brain via desktop shortcut in windows.

I took the screen apart and it looks like it is made by a company called Giantson. I searched for info but came up with nothin' (I know it's a cheap screen) I bought the kit from Chasis Tech. All they would tell me is that it was made over seas. errrrr.

I just want to run my pc on the same screen as my suspension. I drive a Civic so I'm kinda limited on space on the dash.
          I would see about finding a way to control the brain from a serial port or something. That would be the easier route. There may even be something out there for it already.
          Good luck.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
            I would see about finding a way to control the brain from a serial port or something. That would be the easier route. There may even be something out there for it already.
            Good luck.

That was what I was thinking, I just need to change the 9 pin mini female from the brain to a serial plug. and the 9 pin mini male from the screen to usb I suppose.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
            X