what PDA will work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what PDA will work?

i got a sidekick, and i know u cant get gps on that.

which pda will work?

any pda with a bluetooth?
    no pdas have a UPS port right?

i rather use a usb

what speed is a good speed for pdas? ive seen 400 mhz, 312, over 600...

I've got a HP5455 that works like a dream.
    bluetooth, wifi, internet via bt to my GPRS phone when needed.
    •Micke

Comment

so u cant use a bluetooth PDA with a bluetooth receiver?
      how does it work?
      ill be selling my sidekick, im getting a company phone

ive looked at the Sharp 5600. and dells.

Comment

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/produ..._loox_700.html

I'd reccomend this.

Loox 720
        It has a VGA screen
        USB Host
        BT
        Wifi
        WM 2005 Support (Windows Mobile)
        And is light as hell

http://vilpublic.fujitsu-siemens.com...t_loox_700.pdf

Loox 700 doesn't have 1.3MP camera, 720 does

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

im kinda partial to the dell axim x50v. pricy but ive had my x30 for nearly a year, dropped it so many times, had the screen die(for no reason) and i had a new one like that! other than the screen, not a damn problem with it, other than me losing the damn thing on my desk. great pda.

it has bt, and wifi. sd and cf. great pda.
          1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
          Pictures
          Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by seanz0rz
            im kinda partial to the dell axim x50v. pricy but ive had my x30 for nearly a year, dropped it so many times, had the screen die(for no reason) and i had a new one like that! other than the screen, not a damn problem with it, other than me losing the damn thing on my desk. great pda.

it has bt, and wifi. sd and cf. great pda.
            Heavy as hell though

Peace,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

im not looking to spend a lot on it. ebay has a toshiba e740 i think...someons worked that into a gps, there nice, cheap on ebay.

Comment

ok one more ?. will any pda cell phones work with a navigation hookup?
                i was looking at the unlocked treo 600.

Comment

Originally posted by im a nub
                  im not looking to spend a lot on it. ebay has a toshiba e740 i think...someons worked that into a gps, there nice, cheap on ebay.
                  I used to have the e755 which is basically the same with e740 with more power. I had a CF GPS (DConnex) and Routis installed; worked like a champ. I also had purchased the USB extension and connected a mini USB keyboard (thread #41136 in this forum).

Now I use an iPaq 2155 w/ bluetooth GPS (Altina) and use it when my carputer is not available.
                  EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

ok one more ?. will any pda cell phones work with a navigation hookup?
                    i was looking at the unlocked treo 600.

Treo 650 would be better because it has Bluetooth.

Peace,

Rafster
                    Post # 3000

Comment

so i geta bluetooth receivers (GPS) and the software and im done?

Comment

I've used my Axim X30 with a Holux GR-231 BT GPS, MP3, and wireless internet. I picked mine up new from Dell about a year ago for $349. I'm sure you can get them on eBay for cheaper than that now. They may not be as stylish as some of the newer handhelds, but they get the job done. VERY reliable as well.

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

so i geta bluetooth receivers (GPS) and the software and im done?
                          Yes, the software you would want to use is called Mapopolis. I have the means to get this free . If you PM me, I will help you out.

Peace,

Rafster
                          Post # 3000

Comment

awesome, uim gonna buy an unlocked 650 come time when i sell the sidekick.

Comment

i was looking at the 650 today...what is data connect?
                              i was reading it on there website but it makes no sence.
                              thats a huge phone bill with it, do i need it to run a GPS?

Comment

Working...
                              X