Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voltage drops

i just also came across this in one of the threads... voltage drops

now if the voltage drops and there is an inverter between the battery and the cpu i believe the cpu will restart or just shut off... or? if it does affect the cpu in such a way that it would switch of or restart what can be done to prevent this.

Originally posted by saintvice
    i just also came across this in one of the threads... voltage drops

now if the voltage drops and there is an inverter between the battery and the cpu i believe the cpu will restart or just shut off... or? if it does affect the cpu in such a way that it would switch of or restart what can be done to prevent this.
    FAQ Emporium.
    It will answer all.
    You can also search for TANK CIRCUIT.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

The answer posted in your other thread would have also gotten you to the answer with some searching.

1) Startup/Shutdown controller - turns the computer on/off safely when you turn on/off the car

2) Voltage regulators - handles the fact that battery voltage drops to 5-6v on cranking and peaks at >13v at highway speed

3) DC-DC converters - more efficient than inverters and often come integrated with (1) and (2).

These are all things you need to read about and understand before attempting this type of project.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X