No announcement yet.

Another Potential LEXUS SC install.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Potential LEXUS SC install.....

Hey.... ive been thinking about this carputer thing for a couple months. Im trying to get some insight from you gurus. Im basically inbtwn gettin a laptop or a carputer to run my system. But untill recently I came across a new idea. Its like a media player that looks like a computer that stores mp3, video files, ect, but thats just a thought. The main thing im inquiring about is how would i hook up the system to the sound system that I will be installing also? Plus I dont want to deal with cd's anymore because it gets scratched and takes up space. Thanks

THE SET UP IM TRYING TO REPLICATEpics 1-2)

THE TYPE OF DOUBLE DIN LCD IM THINKING lol OF: For 1,000 (3rd pic)
    » CD/navigation receiver with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
    » fits double-sized dash openings
    » motorized 6.5" touchscreen TFT active-matrix LCD monitor with adjustable display angle
    » plays CDs, CD-R/RWs, and MP3/WMA discs
    » GPS navigation (includes GPS antenna and two map DVDs)
    » 11 million points of interest
    » Roadside Assistance display
    » one year of free Roadside Assistance Service
    » separate CD and DVD-ROM slots
    » displays vehicle performance specifications
    » 64MB internal memory
    » 3-band parametric EQ
    » XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready
    » 4 Inches Tall To Fit Most Vehicles
    » DVD/CD changer control
    » compatible with Pioneer's iPod interface adapter
    » audio/video input
    » rear camera input
    » front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
    » tri-zone capable
    » Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner
    » 18 FM/6 AM presets
    » DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 97 dB
    » CD signal-to-noise ratio: 96 dB
    » FM sensitivity: 8 dBf

Finally http://www.airlinktek.com/english/prod_mg35.htm (IF I can ever find it!) or http://www.airlinktek.com/english/prod_mg25.htmbut is a good alternative to the car pc

Then of course the basic system of 2 amps and 2 subs
    Attached Files

The mediagate is just a server, it requires a PC to run.... it just "stores" mediad afaik... it also doesnt support GPS or anything like that...

the pioneer is one thing, a computer is something else. Putting a carpc in the car is more expensive than 1000, so if you want to reproduce an AVIC, then just go out and buy that... over here we want to add more functions and stuff, so we go ahead, spend more and get much more.
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

ohhh ok scratch that mediagate thing.... i was just thinking of getting the pioneer(or just a cheaper)double din screen and a carputer/laptop and hook it up together not one or the other. I like the extra features of the computer, more storage, and of course no cds but will a computer and a sound system sound good? I guess being that the connections are different from a headunit.

Wait.... cant i just hook up the carputer to the screen and have the headunit run the system with a aux input comming from the computer?

Comment

AVIC screen will look crappy running the computer. very blurry.... wont be able to read text well.

choose either AVIC or carputer.... read in the Show your project threads.... read more, you dont really seem to be catching the gist of what we are accomplishing here... maybe if you look at installed systems you will get more realistic ideas
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

ok.... i will do, the reason I wanted to go with a unit like that is so it would look clean, I dont know how 2 bondo and fabricate a face plate to use a vga screen.

Comment

Yeah I understand that, but VGA is highqaulity, Video is low quality... the computer image will look very bad on anything but a VGA screen....
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Koo thanks for insight... lol now all i needa do is look for a double din vga touch screen monitor

Comment

Here's a tip: no aftermarket units will look good in our SCs. Only way to look good it to go custom. That's what I'm doing. Look at my project in my sig
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I've got my carputer in my SC300 about 95% finished. It's all done, I want to pull the console out again and have it powder-coated... I painted it and it's scratching waaaay to easily. 0l33l is right tho, it's going to have to be a custom fabrication. I designed and built a double din box for the centre console that fits a lilliput 7" screen, notebook optical drive, usb plug, reset button and small window where I re-located the IR for the screen. Will post full install and pix in October. Too swamped with work, damn carputer set me back on my deadlines

Comment

Originally posted by TO_SC300
                    I've got my carputer in my SC300 about 95% finished. It's all done, I want to pull the console out again and have it powder-coated... I painted it and it's scratching waaaay to easily. 0l33l is right tho, it's going to have to be a custom fabrication. I designed and built a double din box for the centre console that fits a lilliput 7" screen, notebook optical drive, usb plug, reset button and small window where I re-located the IR for the screen. Will post full install and pix in October. Too swamped with work, damn carputer set me back on my deadlines
                    Glad to see yet another SC300 install

Tell me about it. Paint scratches way too easily
                    I have to recoat the whole dash, the top part is off color due to it being black and sittign in the sun all day long
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                    X