Hack the CD-IB100?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack the CD-IB100?

I guess you could say I'm a newbie since this is my first post...

I have the CD-IB100 Pioneer iPod adapter, and hate it. It sounds great, but I don't like the controls. I want to restore control to the iPod itself. I only paid $70 for the adapter, so it's pretty cost efficient considering buying similar parts would be about the same price and I don't have time to make my own.

Does anyone think there's a way to hack the adapter to just play the music through the receiver, yet control the iPod through the iPod itself? I've been searching all morning for something, but haven't found anything. I emailed Pioneer, but I doubt I'll get anything from them.

Just another unhappy customer as far as that adapter is concerned. If I can't figure out a way to make it work like I want, I'm selling it and getting the AUX adapter.

I'll trade you for a cdrb10 it sounds great I bought the cdib100 and now wifey wants one
    mp3car infill g4

Comment

Yeah, I've seen that. I wanna try to get this to work first. If I can't figure out a way, I'll look you up again. I don't think I'd be up for a straight up trade though, because the rb10's sell for like $20, and mine was $70

Comment

All you need is an AUX in adapter for the Ipod... very cheep on ebay. Or make one your self.

Comment

Where did you get the CD-IB100 for $70 ?
          mp3car infill g4

Comment

I got the adapter on eBay. It was closer to $80, not including shipping.

I really want to try to avoid the hassle of selling what I have, scrounging up the parts for what I want, then re-installing everything. Plus, I think it'd be cool and useful for those who already have the CD-IB100 and wanted to do the same thing I want to do. I'm gonna keep looking around and checking this thread. I'll post my findings.

Plus, I don't think my cost savings would be too much for what I want to do:

Aux-in adapter - $20
            Sik Imp - $30
            Y-adapter for RCA to audio in - $15?
            Cables - $10

Eh... no savings there.

Comment

Basically you need to hack the cable (disconnect the serial) and modify the Bus connector to emulate the aux in adapter... I'm not sure how the power is wired up on the adapter as I don't have one.

Comment

Welcome to MP3Car.

Buy a cheapo CD-RB10 clone adapter and make a cable up with the required phono socket on the IPOD end, then connect using AUX out or Headphone on Ipod

Simple as that
                My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by Churnd
                  I guess you could say I'm a newbie since this is my first post...

I have the CD-IB100 Pioneer iPod adapter, and hate it. It sounds great, but I don't like the controls. I want to restore control to the iPod itself.
                  The "no ipod control mode" is accessory mode. Any accessory that says the right thing over the dock port puts it in accessory mode. Putting the ipod in accessory mode lets the accessory do things like select playlists and such (basically it lets it do more than just ff/rew prev/next).

So, if you hack this part out, you'll lose anything beyond the transport controls. It's not worth it, just buy a new aux in adapter.
                  My worklog.
                  Status: VM GTI sold, got out of the CarPC tinkering hobby, but I still think about getting back in.

Comment

The audio cable should cost no more than like, $6 at Radio Shack, for a 1/8" to RCA adapter with 6' of wire.

You're going to end up destroying what you've got before you're successful, I have the feeling..

Comment

I'm not trying to hack the iPod... just the adapter. I just want it to act dumb and let the iPod do all the controlling. It draws it's power from a seperate input that's spliced into the receiver's power. So, all I would need to do is according to Enak:

Basically you need to hack the cable (disconnect the serial) and modify the Bus connector to emulate the aux in adapter...
                      I know the adapter has firmware loaded, because otherwise the iPod wouldn't know to display "Pioneer" on the screen when it's hooked up. Makes me wonder if blanking the firmware somehow would give me the desired results.

If not, I want to figure out how to wire it up to where it bypasses the "firmware" part. I just like this idea because it's better, cleaner, and I don't have to sell anything. Would a picture of the internals help figure out how to do this?

Comment

BAM I know I'm bumping an old thread, but thats okay because you can all call me God right now.

I have discovered how to use the ipod controls while it is plugged into the radio. No hacks, no ******* up the ipod or the radio, nothing like that.

Anybody interested?

Comment

Originally posted by madmanfrommars
                          BAM I know I'm bumping an old thread, but thats okay because you can all call me God right now.

I have discovered how to use the ipod controls while it is plugged into the radio. No hacks, no ******* up the ipod or the radio, nothing like that.

Anybody interested?
                          If it involves using the CD-IB100, then hell yeah. Enlighten us!

I also found out that if you use the adapter with a receiver that's not on it's compatability list, then it'll give control to the iPod itself. That's what I'm looking for.

Comment

Pioneer should pay me.

Comment

Fine, God will share his knowledge with you.
                              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
                              X