Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total newbie , saying hi , check my gear , any tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total newbie , saying hi , check my gear , any tips?

Hello everyone. I just discovered this site today and signed up not too long ago. I'm a newbie to the car mp3 scene. I have thought about it for 5 years but pcs and screens were in the thousands back then so I never got into it.
    With the low prices of hardware now and all my surplus junk I'm ready to get into it big time.

My immediate plan is to get a MP3 player going in the car and lay the foundations down for all the other things that will follow, such as GPS, PC, internet access, DVD playback etc..

my gear

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR/4WD Green/Tan (factory stereo)

Avilable hardware

2 Compaq IPAQ small form factor PC w/evrth onboard i815 chipset
    1 HP E-PC ([email protected]) small form factor PC w/evrth onboard i810 chipset
    1 I-opener P266 / 12" TFT / custom hacked to boot win98/linux
    2 laptops screens from broken laptops , 12" 14"
    5" mini TV crt
    1 PCMCIA wireless card
    1 USB GPS
    2-3 various PC motherboards
    1 Risc based HP
    1 cheez car amp

And tons of ram/drives/parts/cables/gadgets etc..

I guess my only concern at this time is which of the parts to go with. I want to keep this as inexpensive as possible and use as much of my gear since this is my first attempt.

I have the knowledge to pull this off. I'm only a little shady about mixing a pc video output with a laptop screen. I do have good soldering skills tough. Is there a diagram of this or an adapter I can build.

I would love to hear any input and experiences good or bad with anything relating.

Ciao for now
    Wolfman

Hi, you can not use the laptop screens unless you buy the controllers for them, the controllers are not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
      Hi, you can not use the laptop screens unless you buy the controllers for them, the controllers are not cheap.
      That having been said, look at the Lilliput and Xenarc screens in the mp3car.com/store store.

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X