Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 Chrysler 300M (in need of carPC guru's help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1999 Chrysler 300M (in need of carPC guru's help)

    ***EDIT*** : Deleted Whole Post, As I Was Either Stupid Or Drunk When Posted it...

    K, im seriously thinking of getting a new car, so far i have the Dodge Magnum in my sights.

    i currently have alotta parts for pc stuff and am awaiting a call about a free USB WiFi.

    i have an idea for a custom install and need help deciding wether it would be worth it or not.

    if i was to get a new vehicle, would it be better to get a touchscreen motorized indash, or a 10.4 inch custom installed (would require tearing some dash apart and fiberglassin or fabricating a few parts)

    im planning on buying the M2-ATX (currently have an M1-ATX that i havnt had a chance to use)
    im also planning on buying a Via micro
    another thing im looking into is reviews on GPS recievers... i hear some really suck with their reception (any info on a good one that allows AUX antenna would be sweet)
    if i can find a good gps reciever with aux ant in then i will purchase that multi antenna in the shop ( http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=148 )
    im going to use an old 80gb 3.5" hdd for now
    DvD-RW Drive
    Near the computer i will have a plug that will offer power for usb hdd's that i use inhome and plan on using on the go when in a hurry.
    besides teh touchscreen i will have a trackball mouse for when im not driving. also a full sized keyboard.
    im going to use WiFi to connect with my home Pc, Friends Pc's and to rape the free WiFi places while in the parking lot!

    if i have the computer on standby, how long till it turns off from the battery dropping voltage? ill be using dual Optima Yellow Tops.
    1999 Chrysler 300M
    Currently: Several Additions Being Made (My Main Vehicle)
    1984 Chevrolet Corvette
    Currently: Garaged N> Transmission Work
    1974 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Currently: Runs Good (Chevy Engine,Tranny,Transfercase) N> Body -Its Been Rolled-

  • #2
    still need opinions (thinking of geting a dodge magnum though, not sure yet...
    1999 Chrysler 300M
    Currently: Several Additions Being Made (My Main Vehicle)
    1984 Chevrolet Corvette
    Currently: Garaged N> Transmission Work
    1974 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Currently: Runs Good (Chevy Engine,Tranny,Transfercase) N> Body -Its Been Rolled-

    Comment


    • #3
      holly crap did you sit and wait for a reply for a long time! imagine all the searching you could have done

      Originally posted by [HoP]
      if i was to get a new vehicle, would it be better to get a touchscreen motorized indash, or a 10.4 inch custom installed (would require tearing some dash apart and fiberglassin or fabricating a few parts)
      go with custom fab work. it'll make it look oem, though i'm not a huge fan (actually hate) large screens. if you ever take a long trip at night your eyes will start bleeding from the light of the screen

      Originally posted by [HoP]
      im looking into is reviews on GPS recievers... i hear some really suck with their reception (any info on a good one that allows AUX antenna would be sweet)
      if i can find a good gps reciever with aux ant in then i will purchase that multi antenna in the shop
      search for the garmin oem gps units


      Originally posted by [HoP]
      if i have the computer on standby, how long till it turns off from the battery dropping voltage? ill be using dual Optima Yellow Tops.
      depends on a lot of different factors, are you going to be playing music? how much current does your audio system consume, etc...
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

      My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

      Comment

      Working...
      X