CarPC Features?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC Features?

Hey guys I am trying to make up a list in preperation for installing a carPC setup.. However, I am stumped on ALL of the things that you can do with a CarPC...

So I am trying to make up a list of features that I am going to setup..

Can you guys give me some good idea's to impliment? Other than the basic stuff like GPS/Internet.. What are some of the really wicked neat things that you can do... I have a '90 Toyo Celica GTS (5spd) if that helps at all...

Thanks!

This link is right off the mp3car home page

http://www.mp3car.com/features.html
    William Surritte, Technician
    No Limit Technologies
    1931 U.S. HWY. 160, Caulfield, MO 65626
    http://home.centurytel.net/nolimititech/
    Planning: |++++ |
    Software Development: |++++ |
    Hardware Development: |++ |

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher
      Hey guys I am trying to make up a list in preperation for installing a carPC setup.. However, I am stumped on ALL of the things that you can do with a CarPC...

So I am trying to make up a list of features that I am going to setup..

Can you guys give me some good idea's to impliment? Other than the basic stuff like GPS/Internet.. What are some of the really wicked neat things that you can do... I have a '90 Toyo Celica GTS (5spd) if that helps at all...

Thanks!
      What can you do with a desktop PC? Think long and hard about it.....

You can do all that with a carPC as well.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

wicked neat
        How's the weather in Boston today?

Just cruise the forums and you'll answer your question. The Hardware development section has a lot of "Could this work?" type ideas. If you're looking for more then the standard audio/video/navigation then search "phidgets" for lots of add on options.
        Spent so far: $1,755
        Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
        CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
        Don't mess with Texas.
        It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

Well basically, i'm at the point of "developement" and that stage for this kind of thing never gets very far because you don' know what you want or exactly how to do it until you start installing **** and idea's pop into your head... So that is why I was asking.

The real deal is, on my desktop PC i really dont' do ****..other than occasional web surfing.. i mainly use it to play games.. and chat on AIM...I'm not a real "computer" person.. not like I used to be..

I guess right now the main objective is audio/video.. Eventually I'll get a cell phone with a data plan so I can get broadband in the car.. GPS would be neat, however not needed as I can just use like MS Streets & Trips or something.. NOt like I go on a lot of road trips anyway.. but um.. I guess audio/video for right now... I'll probably setup a PS2 or something eventually.. or maybe a couple game systems.. heh. I'm just so unsure at this point of where to put switches and this and that..

I want a setup to work with my remote starter so that when I start the car, the PC powers up from hibernate and then when I actually get in the car and put the key in the monitor turns off.. I have a feature on my system where I can take the key out and the system will keep the car running.. at that point I'd want the PC to stay on normally but the screen turn off.. I guess that is pretty much simple stuff I can wire up.. Um.. also when I turn key from ON to ACC or OFF the PC needs to go into hibernate mode, however I want to wire up an over-ride switch that will keep the PC on...

But I will check out that page and see what kind of idea's I can come up with from it...

Comment

One thing I really need to figure out is where to relocate cup holder to.. I ain't worried about the head unit.. easy enough to relocate that.. might do a remote face plate setup.. but the cupholder is essential for me... I gotta figure that out and install it and then get the screen in and just piece this puzzle together bit by bit I guess..
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53846

I am going to set it up in my trunk just like that guy did.. That is the absolute best install idea I have seen... I have really no place to put everything.. so that will work out great.. I didn't want to have to remove my spare tire either.. Plus I can stick a sub or two in like he did..

Comment

One thing I really need to figure out is where to relocate cup holder to.. I ain't worried about the head unit.. easy enough to relocate that.. might do a remote face plate setup.. but the cupholder is essential for me... I gotta figure that out and install it and then get the screen in and just piece this puzzle together bit by bit I guess..
              Here's an idea for cupholders: http://www.roddoors.com/cupholders2.html
              I saw those when I was looking at interior panels for the '54 Chevy. Pretty billet aluminum, too, so they won't crack under the strain of that 44oz Slurpee!
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Bleh.. I'll figure some place out for the/a cup holders.

Comment

Working...
                X