Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's possible to plug a pc HD to a radio only?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's possible to plug a pc HD to a radio only?

Hello

I have here a spare HD with 30gb and i was thinking... can i use this as an mp3 source for my car? i mean... theres any radio that i can plug a PC hd? i wanted to have like 30gb of mp3 in my car.. how can i do that without use an ipod connected to the radio or building a computer inside the car...
    theres any other solution?

Thanks

Originally posted by alapimba
    Hello

I have here a spare HD with 30gb and i was thinking... can i use this as an mp3 source for my car? i mean... theres any radio that i can plug a PC hd? i wanted to have like 30gb of mp3 in my car.. how can i do that without use an ipod connected to the radio or building a computer inside the car...

Thanks

HU and HD come from different families of technology, I don't believe that there is any HU with an IDE or SATA port, even if there were you've still got to power the HD and have some type of flash memory somewhere to run the HD.

What you can do is buy HU that will accept some type of flash memory usually through USB. The one below you could get a 1 gig stick and have 1-2000 mp3's

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...est%5Fcookie=1

Comment

sony makes a headunit model mex 1hd. its a little expensive but it might be exactly what your looking for.
      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by alapimba

Thanks
        adding a pc around the HDD? .. its quite a new concept, not sure if anyone here would be able to help but you could ask.

Comment

Working...
        X