Wiring Inverter, DSSC, etc. Qs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Inverter, DSSC, etc. Qs

EDIT: This first post is irrelevant now.. switched computers using, got the DSSC so I know more about how it works, etc..

Have other posts to be answered in this thread so will leave it for now.

-arebelspy
    See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
    Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
    i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Just connect the DSSC to your motherboard, your vehicle's GND, +12v and ACC wires, and either an Inverter or a DC-DC power supply.

Kind regards,
    Chris Bergeron
    Check out my carputers:
    DVD, GPS, MP3, 6.4" LCD Touchscreen, 5" Headrest LCDs, PSone, DSSC, etc.

Comment

Hmm.. as far as connecting the DSSC to the inverter.. There's 3 options.

1) I was thinking it would go on RA1 or RA2 as an extra device (it's a laptop with a battery so the inverter doesn't have to be on before the computer gets the turn on signal). This isn't talked about anywhere as an option, just what I was thinking myself.

2) The picture on the website showing how to do it shows it connected via the 40 amp relay:

My relay is wired so that 2 lines are going to different places on the DSSC (as shown), but has the other two connected together and both going to +12v constant, whereas that diagram shows one of them going to 12v and the other to the inverter. If this is the way to go, which of the red wires do I disconnect to send it to the inverter?

3) The forums for the DSSC talk about using a 2nd relay not shw in the provided diagram for the inverter. http://dashmatics.com/forum/viewtopi...b453ae7cf85660

My idea of first how to do it is different from both (contradictory) instructions on their website. Has anyone wired an inverter with a DSSC and can help? Or Chris , do you have any comments?

BTW - if it matters, it is a Pure Sine Wave inverter with seperate Red and Black (power/ground) wires, not a typical one with one line going to the cig lighter..

-arebelspy

Comment

Bump. Anyone wired an inverter to a DSSC?

-arebelspy

Comment

I just PM'ed you with info about wiring your DSSC. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
          Chris Bergeron
          Dashwerks, Inc.
          Check out my carputers:

Comment

With regard to "contradictory" installation notes, we have consistently recommended the best installation for each user's install. The DSSC has been used in many different ways (beyond what it was designed for, yet completely reasonable considering it's flexibility). We can't guarantee that one of our users' suggestions will apply to every situation. We are pleasantly surprised at how our customers have found new implementations of the DSSC, and we will continue to support them 100%.
            Check out my carputers:

Comment

Sent you a PM Chris. I'm sure every install is different, it just confused me as to how to do it. You help is appreciated.

-arebelspy

Comment

Working...
              X