help? suggested system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help? suggested system?

Hi, I've been thinking about putting a laptop in my car for a while now, but then I came accross this site and saw the carputers.
    Could someone help me out with a recommended system?

I guess standard carputer from this site, with USB DVD-rom drive, touchscreen, & wireless keyboard?

I compete with car audio so need the dvd-rom drive to have good quality, and then from the PC the sound signal will go to my Audiocontrol DQX (EQ) before amps speakers etc...

Also need wifi to connect the carputer to my home PC so that videos/music can be transferred at ease.

So suggestions please
    Thanks
    Andy

You can use a laptop or a PC based setup. Both have done this with successful results. The most common motherboads in use on the forums are Via M10000. There are several flavors, but the general consensus is that it is quiet, low power consumption and generally fits the bill powerwise for a typical setup. You will need to decide whether or not you plan to use a headunit or not. If you are competing in car audio, you would probably want to rip your mp3s in 320kbps or even FLAC. I do not run a DVD-Rom drive. If I need to transfer files I do it via wifia or USB memory stick. Good luck and happy searching.

Edit: Nevermind, I reread your post and saw you are using an EQ.
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Hi

Hi everybody

I am from spain and i am very interested in all of these themes

Comment

What do you think of this:
        http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=107
        straight as it comes?
        Above was suggested the M10000, whats wrong with the VIA EPIC SP8000?

Also does anybody know why the sound card stated will only work with the MII12000 mainboard?

I plan to try not using a head unit, and merely a US DVD-rom, but if that isn't good enough quality I will put my current alpine head unit in aswell.

Thanks
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by idontlivehere
          Also does anybody know why the sound card stated will only work with the MII12000 mainboard?
          coz its a pcmcia soundcard designed for laptops etc etc and only the MII has a pcmcia slot

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
            coz its a pcmcia soundcard designed for laptops etc etc and only the MII has a pcmcia slot
            Unless you get PCMCIA to PCI cards

Terran
            My Project Site

Comment

But what about the other question, the difference between the SP and the M10?
              GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
              Now with pictures!

Comment

Working...
              X