I've been searching...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been searching...

Currently i've done almost everything needed to run a carputer, but Im not sure how to incorporate it with my current audio system.

Im planing on using my dell latitude d600 with docking station for the computer.

As of right now i have a in dash dvd player system, basically have the 7 inches motorized TV and have the brain which processes the sound. Would I be able to connect my laptop to the indash unit? I was thinking of inputing video into the AV1 port on the brain of the indash, but as for the sound, im not sure how to wire it out to the speakers. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by skygtr
    Currently i've done almost everything needed to run a carputer, but Im not sure how to incorporate it with my current audio system.

Im planing on using my dell latitude d600 with docking station for the computer.

As of right now i have a in dash dvd player system, basically have the 7 inches motorized TV and have the brain which processes the sound. Would I be able to connect my laptop to the indash unit? I was thinking of inputing video into the AV1 port on the brain of the indash, but as for the sound, im not sure how to wire it out to the speakers. Thanks in advance

What do you mean by an "in dash dvd player system", and what is a "7 inch motorized TV"? and a "brain which processes the sound"? They don't seem to be part of your carputer, so please explain more about what you are talking about.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Does the sound sytem have a sound input? If so get a 1/8 inch stereo phono yo 2x rca cable , and plug the 1/8" in the laptop and the rcas in the sound system and your done.

If not get a fm transmitter (aka : fm modulator).

Comment

sorry for the confusion. The indash DVD player im speaking of is a Alpine IVA-D310 7" LCD Touch Screen DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver which have a sound processor ( i refer it as the brain).

K thanks for the help.

Comment

sorry for the confusion. The indash DVD player im speaking of is a Alpine IVA-D310 7" LCD Touch Screen DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver which have a sound processor ( i refer it as the brain).

K thanks for the help.
          Well, you will will MOST LIKELY (Meaning, I have heard of people trying to interface the dsiplay of stereo systems such as yours to the computer, with very little success, but they are working on it) not be able to use the stereo LCD and touch for your computer. They just can't be connected together.
          As for using the headunit/TS/LCD/DVD/CD/MP3/WMA receiver to process the sound from your computer, that may be possible. I did a little research on your unit (like you should have) and found that does have audio and video inputs. It does seem that the unit has Audio and Video in, but it is probably not VGA quality, and of course, it will not give you Touch Control of your computer. You have the unit, you should have the manual, check it out. The answer should be in there.

Perhaps some research will steer you in the right direction.

Michael

Major Edit because I found some additional information.
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
          X