Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

honda civic 2005

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • honda civic 2005

    I have been interested and invested lots of time in finding the right computer system, screen, and what to do. I need questions answered because this is where people actually installed, tested, and help on all the stuff I want in my car..here we go

    BG. I just bought a honda civic 2005 4 door coupe. I want a car-computer, moderate that plays music, divx, and tv and whatever else that is good to have

    My question is
    1)Do I have a 1 din slot to fit that motorized lilliput touch screen or does a modification need to be done to fit it. My honda civic if you know has a radio then a blank area right under it with a fold out door and seems can be pulled out because of this border surrounding both radio and blank area.

    2)I want to watch Tv but not like cable tv, just basic channnels 1-13 atleast when i travel from town to twon. Is it possible to have atv card installed in the mini pc where is I can watch tv the monitor.

    3)What do you recommend for screen? I heard the SVGA is better and can I use those motoriazed fold out (dvd, nav, tv, LCD)instead of VGA if possible to still use with the compuetr because in the end I want Winxp working in the car.

    4)If I bought all the components I need...car-computer,-motorzied screen and anything else, how much would a proffesional charge because I am not a car person and don't want to not just f up the eqiupment but the car itself

    5) WHere is the best place to put the computer in the car or my car(honda civic 2005) i heard Ideas, trunk, under seat..best place where least vibration because thats the main concern. I did on this site see someone place there car-computer in an bom-box covering in a custom way so that looked good.

    6)anything else I missed


    in the end I want to be comfortble purchasing and knowing it will all work out.
    I might do all the bying aorund winter time so thats why I am doing the research now. Thanks for anyone who can help me on my car-computer journey...

  • #2
    Originally posted by jbelle7435
    I have been interested and invested lots of time in finding the right computer system, screen, and what to do. I need questions answered because this is where people actually installed, tested, and help on all the stuff I want in my car..here we go

    BG. I just bought a honda civic 2005 4 door coupe. I want a car-computer, moderate that plays music, divx, and tv and whatever else that is good to have

    My question is
    1)Do I have a 1 din slot to fit that motorized lilliput touch screen or does a modification need to be done to fit it. My honda civic if you know has a radio then a blank area right under it with a fold out door and seems can be pulled out because of this border surrounding both radio and blank area.

    2)I want to watch Tv but not like cable tv, just basic channnels 1-13 atleast when i travel from town to twon. Is it possible to have atv card installed in the mini pc where is I can watch tv the monitor.

    3)What do you recommend for screen? I heard the SVGA is better and can I use those motoriazed fold out (dvd, nav, tv, LCD)instead of VGA if possible to still use with the compuetr because in the end I want Winxp working in the car.

    4)If I bought all the components I need...car-computer,-motorzied screen and anything else, how much would a proffesional charge because I am not a car person and don't want to not just f up the eqiupment but the car itself

    5) WHere is the best place to put the computer in the car or my car(honda civic 2005) i heard Ideas, trunk, under seat..best place where least vibration because thats the main concern. I did on this site see someone place there car-computer in an bom-box covering in a custom way so that looked good.

    6)anything else I missed


    in the end I want to be comfortble purchasing and knowing it will all work out.
    I might do all the bying aorund winter time so thats why I am doing the research now. Thanks for anyone who can help me on my car-computer journey...

    First, READ THE FAQs. You will get most, if not all, your asnwers there.

    Ae you talking about the new redesigned Civic? If not, then a search on the forums for your car will probably show you some install examples. If it is the new one, then you may have to determine the size of the opening below the radio, or you can post a pic. We might be able to tell you, HOWEVER, it is most likely at least a single din size.

    You have to decide what you want the computer to do. Trust me, what I want it to do is probably very different from what you want it to do. Some people want DIVX, others don't. Some want to game, others don't, some want OBDII, well, I think you get the picture. Do some research, and you will see what these things can do. Then decide what you want, and pick your equipment accordingly.

    The motorized lilliput you speak of will probably fit. There may be some modification of the radio/cubby hole bexel required, but it shouldn't be too bad. Also, I am not sure if the Lilliput is out yet, but check out the MP3Car.com store and DigitalWW.com for some options.

    You can do on a carputer anything you can do with a desktop computer. Since there are TV cards available, then the answer is Yes, you can do TV, HOWEVER, there are problems with reception because the car produces interference, and antennas aren't as easy to install, and aren't as good as a home antenna. It can be done though. You also might need a slightly better computer to run one.

    Not sure what you are talking about when you say "I heard the SVGA is better and can I use those motoriazed fold out (dvd, nav, tv, LCD)instead of VGA if possible to still use with the compuetr because in the end I want Winxp working in the car." We talked about the screen already. If you want to use your computer, your best choice, and perhaps your only choice, is one of the screens from MP3Car or DWW. What do you consider a " motoriazed fold out (dvd, nav, tv, LCD)instead of VGA" unit??????????? How would your Screen, assuming it is VGA and accepts the signals from a computer (is not Video/RCA) affect the operating system you use on your computer??????

    Are you a computer person?? Sounds like you might not be. Perhaps you should consider some of the fine products that are complete units, and just bring them to an installer to install. Installation varies, depends on what needs to be done, how much the installer charges per hour, and how much he wants to rip you off for doing something special like installing a computer in a car. No one can tell you what that will cost with out knowing more about your car, and you system/setup.

    Vibration is really not the main concern for placement of your computer, unless you routinely drive the Baja 1000 or something. The important aspects are heat and size/room. The trunk is great place since there is generally more room, and there is air to circulate into and out of the system. Under the seat is good to, but not every Motherboard and case will fit there. It depends.

    Ya, you missed reading the FAQs and searching the forums.

    Good luck,
    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

    Comment


    • #3
      I read your stuff. I don't want to quote it. Be a big mess. I have read the FAq and been doing the search engine thing for honda civic LX

      Things you have assumed I will let you know...I am not offended in anyways. I am a newbie

      1)I am a computer person, not code but I know windows well
      2)I am not a car person so getting a computer into the car for me is probably mission impossible because I am scared I will F up somewhere in the process so i guess ending up paying for it to be done is best. It cost $$ to just buy the equip so can't cost that much more installing it!!
      3)I want the best for my money. More the car-computer does the better. I want WinXp, navigation, tv, engine specs like I see these option menus for all this but I wanna know from actual people who already have the comp what is the best and has the best stuff obviuosly including windows.
      4)I guess VGA is the way to go!

      just I am not making that 2k drop just yet, MOre asnwers from people like you, better off I am because it is iminent I am getting it! I am not BS'n anyone who helps me and I will show the results when all done

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jbelle7435
        1)I am a computer person, not code but I know windows well
        2)I am not a car person so getting a computer into the car for me is probably mission impossible because I am scared I will F up somewhere in the process so i guess ending up paying for it to be done is best. It cost $$ to just buy the equip so can't cost that much more installing it!!
        3)I want the best for my money. More the car-computer does the better. I want WinXp, navigation, tv, engine specs like I see these option menus for all this but I wanna know from actual people who already have the comp what is the best and has the best stuff obviuosly including windows.
        4)I guess VGA is the way to go!

        just I am not making that 2k drop just yet, More asnwers from people like you, better off I am because it is iminent I am getting it! I am not BS'n anyone who helps me and I will show the results when all done
        Have you built a computer before? You might be able to use windows really well (I can, and I am no coder either, but I have put together at least 20 or 30 systems in my days) but can't put one together. It is not that hard to do, and you can certainly do it, but have you already done it?

        Having someone install it is a good idea, but the cost is something that has to be determined later.

        As for the computer, no one can tell you what to buy. Remember that there is NO DIFFERENCE between a carputer and a Desktop computer, except for where you use it (well, and the monitor you use, and powering it--though these issues are eaily solved with an Opus and a Lilliput or Zenarc screen) You have to consider size, specs, options, and the most important, power consumption. Price figures in also. You best bet is a via MB for size, power consumption, though the specs might be a little low for some purposes, like gaming. Oh, and it is porbably more then some other MB. But, no one can tell you what the best MB is because of all those factors. I have used early full size pentium boards and micro ATX boards that I had lying around, and so have many other people. You might also consider a laptop and docking station.

        I hate to tell you to search and read again, cause you seem to think you did already, but you should read this faq http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51293

        Glad you were not offended, I certainly didn't mean to offend you. Just trying to help you, help yourself.

        Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have pics..now I need to just upload them so you can see them...need some webspace??

          na never built my own computer

          Comment


          • #6








            here ya go. I was now preferring the double din screen. So whats my best bet on this mofo! I want that super duper computer with all the goods. I won't hold back and will spend up to 2k max on products w/o install

            damn all x's I uploaded my pics to a site and whats going on..? hmmm

            Comment


            • #7








              This is what I am working with..I see that border around the radio and the minibox. If I romove both is that enough space for a double din screen...?

              4.75ish x 8.5ish..ish is due to curvature of panel plan.

              Comment


              • #8
                That's an EASY install! You can do it! What state are you from?
                My 2000 Accord Project

                Comment


                • #9
                  if that panel down at the bottom is empty, you could do it VERY easily. If you know what your doing, and can read instructions, you should be able to build a carputer fine. And there is always people to bounce questions off of.
                  Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
                  planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
                  parts___[++++++----] around 60%
                  install___[-----------] -9,000%

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd move those buttons and go with an 8 inch!!!
                    My 2000 Accord Project

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DK888
                      That's an EASY install! You can do it! What state are you from?

                      New york state, Long island, rockville centre

                      What I really want if all possible.
                      option order is what I want to worst case scernerio based on if even possible for where I want each thing.

                      I want the compuer to come with a dvd/rom not one that you need an external.
                      1st option..
                      1.top din-radio
                      2.bottom-din flip out motorized lilput touch screen
                      3.computer-->space under the hvac buttons.

                      2nd option
                      1.2 din screen
                      2.computer under seat

                      3rd option
                      1. 2 din screen
                      2. computer in the trunk


                      feedback on the option that is overall best would help but for me 1 is the best and 3 is the worst but I will still live if I had to deal with 3 just a worst case because I did not install anything yet.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We are neighbors! Sorta... maybe I can assist you. Check your PM.
                        My 2000 Accord Project

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          u can use a adapter that u can buy in circuit city for 20 $ here is Picture i just bought mine to http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pro...MET.997899.JPG

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well guys my project will start soon, I just have to buy myself touchscreen and i will be ready to roll.
                            It is a lot to do but f.... i got to have this thing in my civic to..
                            i will have some pictures later on from my comp and my civic.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I know how you feel man. I am also a noob working with an 02 accord (same as civic from your pics it seems). I have also looked at the FAQ's and it is hard to find answers. Read the mp3car wiki tho that is good.

                              1)Do I have a 1 din slot to fit that motorized lilliput touch screen or does a modification need to be done to fit it. My honda civic if you know has a radio then a blank area right under it with a fold out door and seems can be pulled out because of this border surrounding both radio and blank area.

                              Mine has a blank area too and I believe that thing can come out.. somehow. I need to try to get mine out


                              2)I want to watch Tv but not like cable tv, just basic channnels 1-13 atleast when i travel from town to twon. Is it possible to have atv card installed in the mini pc where is I can watch tv the monitor.

                              You can buy a TV Tuner card off ebay. I bought one for 35 a while ago. It came with an Antenna and a remote so you would get basic channels. The reception was crap tho but for 35$ why not go for it? You are prolly best off going with the verizon 50 bux a month internet thing and using online video if u can afford.


                              That is all I can contribute bcz I am a noob in a very similar situation as u r

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X