newb question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb question

ok...before i started doing my own installs, i had a "buddy" of mine help me out. I was trying to install an lcd in the dash of my gf's car. i know the monitor worked, but when he was soldering on a connection for the rca connectors, the screen stopped working. Its a brand new 7" screen that I would love to make work, but i don't know anything about the electronics of it.
    i was going to send it in for service, but it is just a bare lcd without the case, and it doesn't have a name on it. can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working?

if need be, i could post pics of the back of the board. thanks in advance.

lol, love the quotes on 'buddy'.

where was he soldering them on? the LCD controller board? or hard-wiring the cables? You make it sound like the screen was on during the soldering. is this so?
    pictures may help. or at least a model number/brand of screen

Comment

Soldering iron or gun?

Kill ßoris,
      ODYSSEY
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Grey
        lol, love the quotes on 'buddy'.

where was he soldering them on? the LCD controller board? or hard-wiring the cables? You make it sound like the screen was on during the soldering. is this so?
        pictures may help. or at least a model number/brand of screen
        I don't know to be sure. I'll get some pics later and hopefully someone can help me out. I don't know if the screen was on WHILE he was soldering, or when he powered it on after, it came on and went out.

Originally posted by ODYSSEY
        Soldering iron or gun?
        soldering iron

Comment

Working...
        X