Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys

Just wanted to say hi..love the site!

Im currently in Iraq just dreaming about my future carpc..not a very technical or do-it-yourself person..but i refuse to believe that i cant figure this out. I have watched someone build a computer once..haha!

Currently i have a 98' ford ranger...but ill be getting a 06' g35 coupe probably in January..if not january..then may 06'

I'm thinking ill experiment on the ranger hehe. Then start the masterpiece on my g35.

For the g35: Things i'd like to implement:

1. Id like to keep the stock navigation however id like to replace the screen with a touchscreen..not even sure if this is possible as i havent even touched the inside of the car. I have seen the custom built screen cases that require manual operation to open and close..i want it automatic.

2. I want to still be able to use the stock radio and cd player. But still want access to all my mp3's.

3. If the above touchscreen is not possible..i might add touchscreens in the visors.

4. Want to play dvd's and mpegs...mainly music videos

5. ohh and when i turn on the ignition i want the car to greet me..let me know when i have a phone call...have a huge list of jokes that it can tell..haha!

Anyway...Thought id introduce myself.. the name is rob..working in iraq 7 12's every single day... and im going crazy!

Ciao!

Whats up Rob, Welcome to MP3Car! Good Luck with everything, Im sure you will do fine at the whole carputer thing! Keep ya head up and dont go to crazy out there! lol

Comment

thx Biz. Nice to see a fellow Texan...guess i need to update my profile.

Comment

Where in Iraq are you? I spent a year in Baghdad.
        '03 Acura 3.2TL Type S
        '04 Buick Rainier, factory nav
        '99 Honda Shadow 1100

-8" Lilliput TS, laptop, (too) large inverter, and I'm nowhere near putting them anywhere.

For Sale!

Comment

lol Biz lol na its B Iz Flawless...so its just B....lol...its kool tho...but no problem just greeting u the way everyone should, Me unfortunatly, i didnt have a nice greeting insted i had what seemed almost the whole damn forum jump on my *** for something that was a mistake, double post... ...after i wrote my thread i tryed to preview and it was loading very slow so i just clicked post and it ended up posting twice! o well what can i do.....anyways lol

Comment

Originally posted by mjd932
            Where in Iraq are you? I spent a year in Baghdad.
            Balad - Mortaritaville

Comment

Welcome Rob!

You'll be fine with the carputer thing. Just read the Faq's and search around the site. There's a great bunch of guys here and everyone is usually glad to help.

I think I learned the most stuff by accident - reading through post after post when I was searching for something else.

Good luck!

Comment

Haha, Balad. Good old Anaconda. I've been there a dozen times or so...what a freakin' dustbowl. My wife's cousin is there. Watch out for those dust storms! Every damn time I was at Balad we got sand blasted. Stay Safe.
                '03 Acura 3.2TL Type S
                '04 Buick Rainier, factory nav
                '99 Honda Shadow 1100

-8" Lilliput TS, laptop, (too) large inverter, and I'm nowhere near putting them anywhere.

For Sale!

Comment

Working...
                X