Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-dash TFT w/DVD playback for carputer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-dash TFT w/DVD playback for carputer?

Hey all!

OK, I'm starting to get a better feel for this whole carputer thing, but I had another question that I can't find the answer to on this forum. Here's what I'm wondering:

So I see in-dash motorized TFT touch screens with built-in DVD/CD/MP3, etc. playback. Ones such as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-CQVD70...QQcmdZViewItem

This would solve one of the problems I am having with my car: where to put the slim DVD player drive AND the in-dash screen. Is it possible to have the main video input on a device like this come default from the carputer, and the audio/video of the built-in DVD drive go directly out to the carputer? It seems like this would combine two pieces of hardware, and be all in one package. Forgive me if this is a n00bish question, but this would be great if it would work. Please LMK what you think. Thanks a bunch!

-Ben

Originally posted by 3Tripnip
    Hey all!

OK, I'm starting to get a better feel for this whole carputer thing, but I had another question that I can't find the answer to on this forum. Here's what I'm wondering:

So I see in-dash motorized TFT touch screens with built-in DVD/CD/MP3, etc. playback. Ones such as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-CQVD70...QQcmdZViewItem

This would solve one of the problems I am having with my car: where to put the slim DVD player drive AND the in-dash screen. Is it possible to have the main video input on a device like this come default from the carputer, and the audio/video of the built-in DVD drive go directly out to the carputer? It seems like this would combine two pieces of hardware, and be all in one package. Forgive me if this is a n00bish question, but this would be great if it would work. Please LMK what you think. Thanks a bunch!

-Ben
    Only problem is tyhat you won't be able to use it as a touchscreen, and composite/RCA connections suck on computers.

Peace,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

Comment

If you really only plan on using it to watch dvd's, then it'll do. But if you plan on using it to display anything other then videos (mp3 songs lists, any other various small text) it'll be hard to read because it'll be blurry. What's really needed in a screen for a carputer is a VGA screen (lilliput, xenarc, any other computer LCD)
      Take 2 - '03 Audi A4
      macmini with an 8" widescreen (in progress)

My 2004 Ford Ranger:
      14" LCD w/ custom made aluminum bezel
      Completly custom computer case

Comment

I was curious why it said it had RGB input, but yeah there's no way it has VGA input I guess, and not being able to use the touchscreen on the Carputer is limiting too.. still a really good price IMO if that's all you need.

-arebelspy
        See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
        Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
        i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Working...
        X