IGSkinner or IGLaunch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGSkinner or IGLaunch?

I'm not sure where the other thread I wrote on this went, but I will try again. I'm wondering what the difference between IGSkinner, IGLaunch, Skinbedder, IGMod. I know different ones do different things. Does one override the others?

I'm trying to skin iGuidance in RR, and remove the nag screen. Which is the best program for that? I didn't see any faq for how to pick the best program for what you need.

Thanks for any input...
    You know you want to...Worklog
    Enjoying v1.0 since it's operational. Aaaawww yeah.
    Specs: Opus120; Epia M10k; 700IDT; GlobalSat BR-355; iGuidance 2.1 & IGMod; XM; Custom case.
    Witty one-liners currently quoted by (0001) mp3car.com forum member sigs.

Originally posted by Viscouse
    I'm not sure where the other thread I wrote on this went, but I will try again. I'm wondering what the difference between IGSkinner, IGLaunch, Skinbedder, IGMod. I know different ones do different things. Does one override the others?

I'm trying to skin iGuidance in RR, and remove the nag screen. Which is the best program for that? I didn't see any faq for how to pick the best program for what you need.

Thanks for any input...

Here is the deal. IGLaunch was early on, and bacially, all it did waslaunch the program, and kill the nag screen. Eventually, I believe with later versions of IG, it didn't work, or had to be modified, because INAV changed the name of the Nag Screen. That is all it did. The FE would execute IGLaunch, and then once started, the FE would Embed the program by the Window/Class name.

Skinbedder is a program, which can be embedded into an FE, that is used to "Skin" any program. It need not be IG, but can be almost anything. It originally started to be used with IG, but the developers, while focusing on IG (and since it was the first of it's kind, the users basically skinned and helped develop it with IG in mind) have continued developing it with en eye towards making ANY program TS compatible. IGSkinner was "replaced" by Skinbedder, as seen in the first post here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=igskinner

IGmod is currently being developed at a rapid pace. This is designed to make IG more TS friendly and compatible.

Since IGMOD and SKINBEDDER are still in development, they are consistently evolving. Also, it seems as if the developers are sharing ideas constantly.

Which is better remains to be seen, and will be dependent on your specific needs.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Some of these programs only work with the North American version of Iguidance - if you're in Europe you may want to check this out.
      www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Thank you very much Wired. I appreciate it. You explained it very clearly. I had thoughts of those, but I couldn't sort it all out on account of all the dizzying spots I was seeing in front of me.
        Specs: Opus120; Epia M10k; 700IDT; GlobalSat BR-355; iGuidance 2.1 & IGMod; XM; Custom case.

Comment

I got around to trying IGMod, which is pretty wicked cool.

1 questions though...I've installed properly (I think), and know it's still under development, but...

...is it supposed to do that whole loading thing (loading x of 20 items) everytime? And I can see it redraw/reformat things like when I hit "Favorites". Is that normal?

I would think it would do all that once, then be done with it. ?

Comment

I haven't checked any of this stuff out. However, as soon as I get back from christmas break I will definitely check out these products.
            Tucka Tucka

Comment

Originally posted by roadhog
              Some of these programs only work with the North American version of Iguidance - if you're in Europe you may want to check this out.
              SkinBedder (which is the sequel to iGSkinner) should not have this limitation. While the developers are concentrating with iGuidance, technically this program and be used with almost any software. Personally I have been using version 2.5 for testing purposed on my laptop. It's a ****** to set up be very rewarding once you get it.

For more help, visit the SkinBedder forum in Software > Support Software > SkinBedder.

Derek
              Progress [||-------]
              View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
              Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Viscouse:

The 20 items are all the different images being preloaded into memory on startup. So yea. I may try to cut down on that or load it after the map is displayed in the future, but I am not sure. I forsee the end user implementing hibernation into their computer more often than not which would eliminate the need to load the program every time.

There is some nasty redraw flickering bugs when you have the window set to fullscreen (maximized) that I am also looking into.

Europe and NA versions have different spellings for menu items and different order of buttons. Ill have european support eventually (the technology is in place to implement it) but its not yet a priority.
                Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

Thank you PURDooM. I understand how the program works now. I have it load during RR startup, and it is not a forever wait. And yes, I also anticipate hibernation (am using it now) so I'm seeing it less.

The redraw is wiggy, but I understand you're still working on it.

No complaints, brother. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                  X