IP BUS connector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP BUS connector

I have a Pioneer 8600 headunit that I want to incorporate into my car computer system once I get it running. I want to be able to use the computer to access my music, but use my headunit for radio and its auto time alignment and EQ. I read the FAQ on hooking your computer to your stereo and a few questions have came up.

1. On there it says to use the AUX IN adapter. Well my headunit doesn't have an AUX IN. Problem solved with a little more searching and coming up with people using some called a IP BUS. Can someone tell me a little bit more about this or let me know if my headunit has this ability? I looked in my manual and came up with nothing. Can someone with a Pioneer headunit let me know whats up with this or how to accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance,
    KB

Originally posted by kbkid
    I have a Pioneer 8600 headunit that I want to incorporate into my car computer system once I get it running. I want to be able to use the computer to access my music, but use my headunit for radio and its auto time alignment and EQ. I read the FAQ on hooking your computer to your stereo and a few questions have came up.

1. On there it says to use the AUX IN adapter. Well my headunit doesn't have an AUX IN. Problem solved with a little more searching and coming up with people using some called a IP BUS. Can someone tell me a little bit more about this or let me know if my headunit has this ability? I looked in my manual and came up with nothing. Can someone with a Pioneer headunit let me know whats up with this or how to accomplish this?

Thanks in Advance,
    KB

Goto a Car audio store and ask for a pioneer CD RB10...this is an aux input adapter for IP Bus....as for computer control...I'll have to look in pioneer catalog.

Comment

Where does this plug into on my Pioneer? Obivously on the back, but I didnt think there was a sport for it. Same with the computer where does it plug into at?

Comment

I did another search real quick and came up with this: I plug that adapter into my headunit, then plug something like http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=164 in to the adapter and the other end into the audio on the computer.

So in return I will have all my functions of my headunit, but I'd also have sound from my computer throughout my car correct. Does that include sound from my subwoofers too?

Comment

Originally posted by kbkid
          Where does this plug into on my Pioneer? Obivously on the back, but I didnt think there was a sport for it. Same with the computer where does it plug into at?
          Do you have a CD multiplayer with it, if so the that plugs into the IPbus connector on the back of the stereo, if not then there should be a little square connector with about 12 pins in it.

this forum for Ip bus and pioneer and you should have some threads of which some will hopefully have pictures.

I have an RB20 adapter, lets me use my CD Multiplayer and carputer through the same stereo.

In fact heres one of the pictures from one of the threads. (i'll let you search for the thread so you can get some practice at searching)

the IP bus socket is the blue one

Comment

Just make sure that you turn the aux on before trying to use it. I ahve had hundreds of people come into my store thinking that there head unit was bad cause the sound from their DVD wouldn't come through. To turn it on cut your radio off and push and hold the function button (the same way you change your time). Keep pushing the func. button until you see aux off and push up to turn it on.
            Trying is the first step toward failure

Comment

Ok on the back of my headunit I have that blue plug that Enforcer posted. I do not have a CD Changer in my car already either. So I guess all I need is that Pioneer CD RB10 adapter. So was I right about plugging http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=164 that into the CD RB10 and then going to one of my computer plugs?

Comment

yep, use the cable to go from the headphone/spr jack on the computer to the CD RB10... and Presto!

Comment

Ok final question:

With this set-up like that, I will still have the ability to use my headunit and I'd have sound coming from my computer as well. I dont have to do anything with my amps and subwoofer do I, it all will be working since it is running through the headunit correct?

Comment

yup...its an Aux in, so it will feed front and back spkrs + subs

Comment

Working...
                    X