No announcement yet.

Help! Need an installer in (Miami) FL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need an installer in (Miami) FL!

Hello all-

I am purchasing an 03' audi a4 this week. It has a double din console and is all stock (currently). I would like to put a touchscreen flushly mounted, and whatever else would be neccessary to create a full pc environment. I run a network consultant company and think that having wifi in the car would be perfect for my business. I know the pc side of things, but lack a bit on the automotive side. i am looking for an installer in miami that could create the trim needed for the install. I also was wondering if i needed a head unit or should i just use amps?

Please email me at [email protected] with any replies.

Thanks,

Eric

Double posting isn't necessary, and is generally frowned upon.

The HU vs amp(s) question is a matter of personal preference. The primary reason to keep a HU anymore is to have AM/FM radio of decent quality. If you don't care about terrestrial radio, then lose the HU.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

not double post but QUADRUPLE POST.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...archid=1690232

You may proceed with noob bashing now.
      Installed
      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

i appologize, i should have only posted once. However, as i was looking over the site, i kept finding a better area, that i belive was more suited to my post. Again, i appologize, and hope i didnt offend anyone with my postings.

BTW, kuddos quattro on your install, looks great!

Eric

Comment

thank you.

I suggest you try to fabricate it yourself if you can't find someone, the worst that could happen is that it turns out bad, in that case you just buy a need dash piece. btw, I had never done anything like this before either.
          Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Quattro-

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been intensly looking over your pictures, http://www.mannconcepts.com/screen.htm, and love them. Would you mind sharing a bit on what products you have used to create this project (screen mount/fabrication).

I was also wondering if you are able to see the LCD in the sunlight?

thanks,

eric

Comment

For the screen, I used fiberglass reinforced bondo to attach the lcd housing to the console piece. sanded it down, added more bonod, more sanding. Then I put on regular bondo (body filler) sanded it down added another layer and sanded. Repeated until smooth surface. Also check out brrman install, he has the same model A4 as you.

as for the LCD in sunlight, its not the best in direct sunlight, but over all its good.
              Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Working...
              X