Help with P4 Mobos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with P4 Mobos

I can't figure out if the P4 Motherboards sold in the store here on MP#car have processors or not. 3 of the 5 available have open CPU slots while the other 2 appear to already have processors.

Can anyone explain this? There doesn't seem to be much difference in price, so I assume they all come the same way, I just can't tell which.

I have searched this already, but can't seem to find this answered anywhere. If someone can find a post to this topic, please post a link for me.

Thanks

No, they don't come with CPUs.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      No, they don't come with CPUs.
      Why are they so expensive compared tot he VIA boards then?

Comment

The VIA EPIA boards aren't using anything close to new technology. The P4 boards are.
        That's just the main reason, but there are other reasons the P4 boards are pricey. The boards designed for the P4-M are even more pricey.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

The VIA EPIA boards aren't using anything close to new technology. The P4 boards are.
          That's just the main reason, but there are other reasons the P4 boards are pricey. The boards designed for the P4-M are even more pricey.

I guess I have a lot more research to do.

Are the VIA boards good for, in order of imporatance, DVD playback, MP3's, maybe GPS, and Big maybe OBDII?

By the way, I have a 1998 Tacoma. Some of your worklog's pics seem to be down, can you email me some photos of your setup? I am very interested in how you plan on putting your screen in your dash if that is how you plan on doing it.

Comment

Yeah yeah. I need to pay my hosting bill.
            I'm using an in-dash flip-out screen and not molding it into my dash. I want to be able to completely remove my entire setup and transfer it to another vehicle.

If you'd actually READ my worklog instead of looking at the pretty pictures (some of which don't work due to the aforementioned hosting bill), you'd know that.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Yeah yeah. I need to pay my hosting bill.
              I'm using an in-dash flip-out screen and not molding it into my dash. I want to be able to completely remove my entire setup and transfer it to another vehicle.

If you'd actually READ my worklog instead of looking at the pretty pictures (some of which don't work due to the aforementioned hosting bill), you'd know that.
              Yeah Yeah, but reading is overrated. I just want to see pictures, and have somone answer all my questions. Searching in the sea of the same crap you just posted for me just ****es everybody off. The first 100-150 threads in each search on this site pulls up the same old stuff. Some A$$hole getting happy with his smiley! It is enough to turn half of the would-be carputer users away from this hobby.

Not trying to single you out, just stating the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ddriggers2
                Yeah Yeah, but reading is overrated. I just want to see pictures, and have somone answer all my questions. Searching in the sea of the same crap you just posted for me just ****es everybody off. The first 100-150 threads in each search on this site pulls up the same old stuff. Some A$$hole getting happy with his smiley! It is enough to turn half of the would-be carputer users away from this hobby.

And if you go to a library to look up something, what are the odds you're going to find that one nugget of information in the first book you find on the page you open it up to?
                You're not. You're going to have to read that book, and likely every other book available to find the information you need.

Sorry that doing research is so damn miserable for you, but it's a necessary task. Deal with it.

Frankly, if someone isn't willing to do some reading and actually absorb some information into their unused neural space, then they need to find a different hobbby.... Not to single anyone out...

And the pictures you're not seeing aren't of any use to anyone else, anyway. One is the picture of the dash of tmy Tacoma. There's others that are the dash taken apart & headunit removed with a measuring tape held up for reference.
                You've got a Tacoma, so you can rip your own dash apart and see the same thing live and in person.
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

And if you go to a library to look up something, what are the odds you're going to find that one nugget of information in the first book you find on the page you open it up to?
                  You're not. You're going to have to read that book, and likely every other book available to find the information you need.

Sorry that doing research is so damn miserable for you, but it's a necessary task. Deal with it.

Frankly, if someone isn't willing to do some reading and actually absorb some information into their unused neural space, then they need to find a different hobbby.... Not to single anyone out...

And the pictures you're not seeing aren't of any use to anyone else, anyway. One is the picture of the dash of tmy Tacoma. There's others that are the dash taken apart & headunit removed with a measuring tape held up for reference.
                  You've got a Tacoma, so you can rip your own dash apart and see the same thing live and in person.
                  Its too damn bad that everyone in this world isn't as personable as you are. Merry X mas

Comment

Congratulations on propagating the spoon-fed n00b stereotype. It's people like you that cause all the newbies to suffer.

Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
                      Congratulations on propagating the spoon-fed n00b stereotype. It's people like you that cause all the newbies to suffer.

I'm not trying to get spoon fed, I have been on this site searching and re-searching since September, but all I have found in the forums is a bunch of assholes with ~2500 post counts beating the same **** about searching as much as the newbies asking questions. Obviously this site isn't about sharing information, it is a place for geeks to get to be the high and mighty ******* for a change. You guys even come into the newbie forum and hit everyone with this ****. As I said before to DarkPervert, you can pat yourselves on the back for degrading the quality of information on this site as much as the newbies do. Nobody said you have to answer my questions or anyone elses, but I equate everyone's answer with post dumping in the for sale section.

Comment

..... but all I have found in the forums is a bunch of assholes with ~2500 post counts beating the same **** about searching as much as the newbies asking questions.

this does go both ways though...... "how can I power this..." ".... can I just use a desktop pc?" or "how come no one thought of using a laptop..." are always popping up.....

"yo- I gotz dis busted labtop, can I just use the screen fom dis?.."

but yeah, theres some uncalled for abuse too....
                        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

There was no problem and DP was being as helpful as could be.. what more do you want from him?

I'll show you where this thread went wrong:

I just want to see pictures, and have somone answer all my questions.
                          Good luck.
                          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

& btw, p4's suck as a car install......
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

ddriggers, this is pretty funny. here's the irony, since you can't see it.

Searching in the sea of the same crap you just posted for me just ****es everybody off. The first 100-150 threads in each search on this site pulls up the same old stuff.
                              members seem to bash newbs because they continue to post the same questions when the answers are everywhere. realize that you are relatively new here. some of the members have been reading the same post titled, "how do i power my computer" for years. so they want the newbs to search, preventing posting the same old questions.

people like you are ****ing people like you off. because others don't feel like spending the time to find the answer that they knew is there, they just post the same old question. that's what they did, and you're so frustrated at them, you did the same thing. next week, an even newer member will get frustrated at reading posts like this, and just post his question too.

Comment

Working...
                              X